Naturals, how do you all prepare for a blow dry?

• Thread starter Thread starter Bublnbrnsuga
  • Start date Start date
B

Bublnbrnsuga

I need some ideas. Also let me know what products including styling and heat appliances you use to get your hair skrait. Thanks

I don't blow dry anymore, I just air dry and diffuse a little then I Maxiglide. Last time I tried to blow dry I brush broke off in my hair, and I paid $20 for that round sytlists brush too.
BTW Bubbln, how do you wear your hair down after banding it?

Last edited:
Lucia said:
I don't blow dry anymore, I just air dry and diffuse a little then I Maxiglide. Last time I tried to blow dry I brush broke off in my hair, and I paid $20 for that round sytlists brush too.
BTW Bubbln, how do you wear your hair down after banding it?

I don't wear it any particular way. Banding for me is for a quick style.

I shampoo my hair, to get all the build up out, then use a deep conditioner (20 minutes max). I towel dry my hair to get the excess moisture and braid into 4 sections. While still damp I add a little kemi oyl to a section and gently blowdry (combing hair with wide tooth comb as I follow with the blowdryer, 2 handed method), and rebraid, then I move on to the next section and repeat. When everything is dry, I unbraid one section and comb through with a medium tooth comb and then rattail comb, which isn't hard if I blow dried correctly. Then section off that section and flat iron each part with my Chi. Unbraid another section and repeat.

ETA: If a section is tangled, I add a lil more kemi oyl and detangle throughly. Try not to use too much though or you get flat, limp hair.

Back