Naturals, have any of you considered using...

Bubblingbrownshuga

cassia on the 'mean' sections of your hair? My 'mean' section is the crown. It's prone to breakage, shorter than the rest (makes me look like I layered the center) :perplexed it frizzes like crazy and has no definition. I heard that cassia can loosen the texture so I was considering using it on this section only.

Lol i have a section like that too, but i call it my rebellious spot.
i have used cassia, but for my hair it didnt loosen it, it just made it wayy more defined. i was happy tho, because i didnt want it to loosen.

shoot if that works out let me know. Its been 6 years and I still have yet to get that section of my hair under control. I am experiencing the same thing but have not tried or considered cassia.

Your hair looks amazing!

Hey Bubbling,

I have not tried cassia, but I know what you mean about that section. I have, however, used henna. I started to gray at the age of 17, so I use the henna for the color. I will say that I have seen a significant difference in that region. It has loosened the curl and it is MUCH easier to comb through.

I'm not natural but I am 11 months into my transition and my hair is about 3-4 inches shorter in my crown area. I use cassia but it hasn't loosened my curl any but it does make it less frizzy and more defined for a few days.

I really like cassia. It does not loosen my curls though. Like everyone said, make my curls more defined and shiny.

Hi and welcome back. Try it because henna is known to loosen up the curl pattern. If you put it in just that area, and not your whole head, it might work. I would try it for 6 months and if nothing happens, at least it won't mess up your hair.

BBS, Cassia is good for your hair so you should be ok. It didn't loosen my texture, but Amla + Maka does. The crown area is my dry patch. Rollersetting, using butters, and leaving extra conditioner in that sections helps me.

BTW your hair is gorgeous!

BBS, Cassia is good for your hair so you should be ok. It didn't loosen my texture, but Amla + Maka does. The crown area is my dry patch. Rollersetting, using butters, and leaving extra conditioner in that sections helps me.

BTW your hair is gorgeous!

where can u get maka and whats the full name?

where can you get cassia? I picked up that pantene poo and condish that say it contains cassia for smoothing benefits but i want just cassia on it's own to try out.

I have not heard of Cassia loosening the hair texture ONLY Henna is suppose to do that on some hair. I personally do a Cassia/Henna Treatment once a month (2 parts Cassia/1 part Henna) and my hair has NOT loosened. But, like I said the loosening effect does not happen to everyone only some. I use to cover the few grays I have, for the strengthening and I was also using it for thickening my hair since a great deal of people have had that experience. However, for me the thickening did not occur. For the strengthening and coverage of my grays I will never stop using!

hmmm this is a good idea...

OP from your pics your whole head is NICE I don't see a mean section anywhere :grin:

but my crown is evil, it always breaks and looks like a layer. I have the same problem... ARGH! :heated:

I havent' used cassia, only henna...but I really just want to know what you've been using to get such growth in 6 months! In 6 months I only got a couple inches, and a I can't do puff or bun yet :(

I use cassia regularly, and it definately loosens my curls. Amla tights them.

I think the Maka that someone referred to before may be Bringhraj???

I have the same problem with my crown area being very weak. not sure about cassia though. hey your siggy rocks I listen to dave ramsey all the time

No cuz cassia will turn my greys sparkly blonde. I use henna and indigo instead. Unless you want your greys more visible, henna's a better substitute, IMHO.

I havent' used cassia, only henna...but I really just want to know what you've been using to get such growth in 6 months! In 6 months I only got a couple inches, and a I can't do puff or bun yet :(

Girl, I really think it's my diet (green smoothies composed of spinach, black/rasp/blue and strawberried, bananas, and coconut water) eating more fresh veggies and fruit , exercise and low maintenance styling.

Back