Naturals: Hair Cut

chocolatejalapeno

Naturals have you ever cut you hair into a style. I need to get my very curly afro shaped but I have no ideas of how to tell the stylist what to do or if i can cut my hair myself? Any instructions on the web?

Last edited:
Aaliyahredefined said:
Naturals have you ever cut you hair into a style. I need to get my very curly afro shaped but I have no ideas of how to tell the stylist what to do or if i can cut my hair myself? Any instructions on the web?

I did a few years ago, get my hair cut into layers, when the stylist straightened it. DON'T DO IT! For me, it's been a pain trying to grow out all the layers. As a natural, if you ever wear a fro, it's gonna be really interesting trying to get it to look uniform. I just had a negotive experience, but I know others that have had really good experiences.

Opps.... too late. I already did it after I checked Vmerie's fotki page. It had easy to understand instructions. I did the best that I could do.It looks way better than before and I got my hair in an afro right now. Not too bad. I will see how it works out.

Aaliyahredefined said:
Opps.... too late. I already did it after I checked Vmerie's fotki page. It had easy to understand instructions. I did the best that I could do.It looks way better than before and I got my hair in an afro right now. Not too bad. I will see how it works out.

Wow that was quick! :lol:

My hair is cut in layers and I enjoy the style. If it's cut correctly, it can be a good look on natural hair as it reaches longer lengths.

Back