Naturals Do you find that The Longer Your Hair gets the Less Products U Need?

CurleeDST said:
Also have any of you put all that product on your hair, go in the pool under water only to come up and see residue floating on top of the water? EWWWW GROSS!

Day 1 :sekret: lol

My hair absolutely HATES those cheap conditioners such as V05 and Suave! That stuff is just like pouring plain old water on my hair and does not condition at all. It is too soupy, thin and to give it any substance you have to practically remake the stuff for it to be halfway effective.

Funny thing, extra expensive products are also ineffective on my hair. My hair likes the middle of the road conditioners definitely.

CurleeDST said:
I just broke down and purchased a gallon size of Elucence.
I think I am going to do that too. Ive been avoiding buying a tub, gallon, or litre of something. But buying these 24oz bottles is just not cutting it. I plan to just invest in several 5lb tubs of humecto and get it over with.

I am with you I can't even front. Get teh quality conditioners that work and just get the 5 lb tub and be done with it. It will last you a LONG time. Mine lasted well over 1 year.

Be sure to try and keep water out of it.

OnAHairQuest said:
I think I am going to do that too. Ive been avoiding buying a tub, gallon, or litre of something. But buying these 24oz bottles is just not cutting it. I plan to just invest in several 5lb tubs of humecto and get it over with.

I use a little more but if my hair is in good shape, i find I don't need to slather on as much product as I did when my hair was not as healthy.

CurleeDST said:
My hair absolutely HATES those cheap conditioners such as V05 and Suave! That stuff is just like pouring plain old water on my hair and does not condition at all. It is too soupy, thin and to give it any substance you have to practically remake the stuff for it to be halfway effective.

Funny thing, extra expensive products are also ineffective on my hair. My hair likes the middle of the road conditioners definitely.

It's not so much that my hair hates that stuff but sometimes it is not the best. I used to add olive oil to my suave and V05 bottles. that always kick things up a notch. Now I have made the switch to TRader Joes Nourish SPa. The bottle is about $2.45 and has been described as a thicker version of Elucence. I don't know about all of that since I refuse to order product off line, so I have not tried Elucence but I absolutely love trader joe's it's cheap and it gets the job done.
I use Lustrasilk Shea Butter with Cholestorol and it is one of the best light to moderate protein DTs.

On topic I am using less product in terms of experimenting but the actual amount per wash or co-wash has definitely has gone up. Now that my hair is longer I do not co-wash as often so it kinda balances things out. Last year, I would co-wash 5 or so times a week now I am doing great if I get in 2 co-washes.

Back