Naturals and GPB help please

NubianAngel

I am broke right now and I don't have the money for new expensive hair conditioners. I have some Elucence but it works better as a leave in or a rinse out - it doesn't really do much for me as a deep conditioner. I like the GPB for the slip and thickness, but I am afraid of using it each time I wash because of the protein (milk protein) in it. Because of that, I prefer to alternate GPB with another deep treatment to be on the safe side. I read on another site that if you don't dye or relax your hair, protein is best used sparingly.

Do you think GPB can cause protein overload in my hair without another moisturizing deep conditioner?

I can afford something if it is cheap - say 5-7 bucks. Should I try one of the NTM line? Or should I just splurge and try the Kenra MC when my "congratulations graduate" checks clear?
crazy.gif

First, I would like to congratulate you on your graduation.........
dance7.gif

I do not use GPB every week, but I know some folks that do and they never complain of protein overload or their hair becoming hard. GPB contains a very mild protein......

Thank you SherryLove
smile.gif
Perhaps I can try it every ten days or so, and see how it goes until I can get a mosturizing treatment.

Offtopic - your ponytail in the avatar is very lovely .

Congrats NA
weird.gif

I'm relaxed and i use GPB weekly. it never leaves my hair hard or dry. Although i do follow it up with a moisturizing conditioner, i would recommend u try the NTM daily conditioner, it's about $6. That combo should work well
smile.gif

Back