NATURALS AND DAILY RINSING- TOO MUCH HAIR STRESS?

soslychic

Are there any naturals or transitioners doing the daily rinsing thing? I would love too, but combing my hair every single day would be SO much stress on my hair. I don't know if the extra moisture would be worth it? Is it possible to rinse without combing? My hair has a tendency to get VERY tangled, especially now since I"m in the transitioning phase, so I"m not sure if that would be an option either. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Hi Soslychic:

I rinse or condition wash almost daily (sometimes every other day). My hair is in braids (no extensions).

I take my braids out about once a month. My hair is almost bra-strap length. I only brush my hair (with a Denman brush) about once a month. Try rinsing your hair in fat plaits or in pony tails. That technique will reduce tangling.
My hair loves the extra moisture. I do not have split ends or breakage and my hair feels luxurious.

I know of other naturals who rinse daily with conditioner or water. The hair is worn in either twists, shake-and-gos, afro puffs or buns.

I hope that helps. Best wishes,
coilgirl

I do daily rinses, but NEVER comb daily. I comb once a week, when I do my deep condition washes. I don't think natural hair is meant to be combed daily. Or, at least, I'd DIE if I did that. I comb once a week and find that I only lose about 10 hairs!!!! The Surge is helping with that, too! By the way, make sure you use a wide-tooth comb. ALWAYS!!! Comb while wet...

Loverofnaps, do you do daily rinse on loose hair? I just can't picture myself doing daily rinse on loose hair that's longer than 5 or 6 inches. I'd have major tangles, which means major breakage.

I dont wash daily unless my hair is braided. I nomally just gently cleanse my scalp every other day. But i have to add oils after to keep my hair from drying hard. If i dont when i take out the braids i get alot of breakage and my hair feels like dry grss

I'm transitioning and do conditoner washes at least every other day...sometimes daily. Otherwise, my hair feels dry and I can't comb it. However, I have been experiencing more shedding lately. So this week I pressed my new growth and put my hair in a bun. So far, it's soft and I've only lost a few hairs each day.

i do conditioner washes everyday and my hair really benefits from it. before i get in the shower i pick my hair and then hop in and do my co washes. after that its a shake n' go As my hair gets longer i will probably do the co washes 3x a week instead of everyday.

Back