Naturally lighten hair color

Brownshugaz

Is there anyway to naturally lighten my hair? I know henna darkens or reddens your hair. Are there any other natural alternatives?

With sunlight, both lemon and honey will lighten your hair. I use molasses in my hair products instead of honey because I don't want my hair lighter.

In highschool I use to use lemon juice and olive oil to lighten my hair. I never really thought it worked though.

So I relied on the good ol peroxide

I've added lemon juice to my deep conditioner and put on my heating cap for about an hour. It doesn't get super light, but you definitely get highlights, but not the dryness.

Nene said:
I've added lemon juice to my deep conditioner and put on my heating cap for about an hour. It doesn't get super light, but you definitely get highlights, but not the dryness.

approximately how much lemon juice to how much conditioner? this does sound like a great idea. i've been toying with the idea of getting highlights for some time. but i'd like to try this before i sit in "the chair."

I wish I saw this thread before my hair color disaster. I'm gonna try the molasses to darken my color.

I add the juice of one lemon to about half a cup of conditioner. I'm very casual about measurements. It makes the conditioner thinner, but no thinner than a Suave conditioner. You can probably add more lemon juice next time if it doesn't lighten enough. Hope this helps.

Back