Naturalchica's Too Groovy Salon experience...

This is weird. I just finished watching it and decided to get my hair done there then, but I probably won't be able to book until January. Their online booking service only goes up to March now. I may get a natural style - not too sure about the heat though.

Oh my goodness! I so need this salon in my life!

I need all of those products, the shampoo bowl, my DH to learn that head massage, and a steamer :grin:

I love Too Groovy salon! My stylist left recently, so I moved with him, but I have never, ever, seen anyone leave that place with bad hair! It can be pricey, especially if you have longer hair and get "extras" such as steam treatments, color, etc. Thanks my Too Groovy stylist, my hair had more swang as a natural than it ever did when it was relaxed.

I said it once and I'll say it again.....EVERYTIME I go to ATL I have to hit up Too Groovy. Like Alta Angel said about the swang, HON-TEE it is serious. My hair bounced and swang with every step I took. Awesome experience!!!!!! Agreed the prices can get high but it was well worth it!

I watched the video with no sound and her hair looks great. That's a lot of heat applied to her hair. I will never trust any salon with my fine hair, too many bad experiences :nono:

She is so cute. I love her brows - perfection!
Her hair is cute in every style she wears. The blowout is nice though.

I

OP you have beautiful hair, curly and straight! That place looks awesome. I wish I lived close by so I can get my hair done there.

I love Too Groovy salon! My stylist left recently, so I moved with him, but I have never, ever, seen anyone leave that place with bad hair! It can be pricey, especially if you have longer hair and get "extras" such as steam treatments, color, etc. Thanks my Too Groovy stylist, my hair had more swang as a natural than it ever did when it was relaxed.

I said it once and I'll say it again.....EVERYTIME I go to ATL I have to hit up Too Groovy. Like Alta Angel said about the swang, HON-TEE it is serious. My hair bounced and swang with every step I took. Awesome experience!!!!!! Agreed the prices can get high but it was well worth it!

Alta Angel & Fab_Nikki: Did it last a long time? Did it revert quickly/swang disappear after a couple of days? My hair always seem to rise like dough (like later that day) when I get it straightened, regardless of humidity:ohwell:

FindingMe ,

My hair can last two weeks if I do very limited cardio (treadmill only). I always wrap or roll my hair up at night to help my hair last as long as possible. However, I definitely time my visits for the fall and winter months. When I get my hair done in the humid spring or summer, I know that after the initial visit, my layered hair will be straight, but never frizzy or "kinky". After I wash, my hair always reverts and thankfully I have had no damage.

HTH!

I will add some pics later.

Attachments

• PB100874A.jpg
    PB100874A.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 70
  • PB100875A.jpg
    PB100875A.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Can someone tell how high the prices are? Are we talking in the $100 range or above?

There are some reviews online which the mention the prices on the site. But on the site, average is $55 and up for a wash and blowdry, then 20 and up for a steam treatment. So you could easily get into the $100...which I think is ridiculous. One of the reasons I went natural was because I thought (lol) it would be cheaper.

Right now I pay 80 to 85 at another salon. That is why I only go 1 to 2x a year.

@Alta Angel & @Fab_Nikki: Did it last a long time? Did it revert quickly/swang disappear after a couple of days? My hair always seem to rise like dough (like later that day) when I get it straightened, regardless of humidity:ohwell:

FindingMe The first time I got it done it did not last. BUT that's only because I went to Compound that night and I sweated it out, PLUS it rained. The second time it lasted for a week but I got lazy with my wrapping and all that.

Sunshine One Thank you, boo!!!! I really appreciate that. You're hair is fabulous and flowing!!!! I want to flat iron just to check the length but I am scurred. lol

Everytime I go to Too Groovy I try to tell them how much the DMV would embrace them. I don't think they hear me. lol Yes, let's chat again about that H St. venture :yep: DMV needs to do another meetup so I can FINALLY meet some cousins :lol:

Exactly. My cost per visit is usually $100 plus $20 tip. That's why I go only three times a year. :yep:

There are some reviews online which the mention the prices on the site. But on the site, average is $55 and up for a wash and blowdry, then 20 and up for a steam treatment. So you could easily get into the $100...which I think is ridiculous. One of the reasons I went natural was because I thought (lol) it would be cheaper.

Right now I pay 80 to 85 at another salon. That is why I only go 1 to 2x a year.

Being a stylist looks like so much fun, especially when you do it right. no smoke in the air, no tvs and loud gossip, no rushing, no switching clients around(ok your rinsed, well I just got to curl her hair cause she just got from under the dryer) etc. Nice salon. Looks like a nice place to work.

They look like they do it right. I wouldn't mind spending money if they were on point with your hair.:yep: I wish I had something good near me.:ohwell:

Wow that is great! But I am still scared, my washing process wld not look like that. My hair retreat and shrink. lol

Hmm I'm due to go back home to ATL sometime in April. I'll make sure to check it out. My hair will be TL or longer then so I'm sure I'll have a good laugh at the price they quote me

bluediamond0829

You know girl I have not called yet. Been working and holidays..etc. However I will post when i do and let you know. Has she done your hair before? I'm planning to be in Atlanta in April for the World Natural Hair show.

Back