Natural wants to wear a straight weave for the holidays...

PaperClip

...is this possible? What hair can I get that will blend with my natural hair pressed? I can see about getting it installed with leaving as little out as possible, but is there some weave hair that blends well with natural pressed hair?

I'm a 4a/b, fine, thin strands, dense (lots of fine strands)....

Thank you!

You should check out Extensions plus relaxed texture. It's a dead on match. I'm transitioning and have a lot of natural texture, and this works well for me.

These are pics that I took of the hair after I did a braidout.

Last edited:
i have some his and her hair kinky straight hair in now and i think it looks very similar to pressed natural hair. his and her hair is a whole lot cheaper than eprt

Thanks for the responses. I'm checking out the His & Her Hair.... $200? :blush::blush::blush:

I can definitely re-use this, yes?

Never paid that much for hair before....

I remember I tried His and Her Hair before, and it wasn't great. It was expensive, but tangled and shed really bad. Do you have that problem with your hair?

I would do a sewn in wig. People thougyht I was crazy when I mentioned it on the board. You can see the styles below in my avatar. It gave my hair a break it was very easy to take out.

I would do a sewn in wig. People thougyht I was crazy when I mentioned it on the board. You can see the styles below in my avatar. It gave my hair a break it was very easy to take out.

Yes, you're probably right.... I'd like the texture to match, though.... Any suggestions?

you can get the regular priced hair from the beauty supply store and be good. I used to use any brand but in the "minky-yacky" texture. It's still straight but a little textured, like how natural pressed hair is; blends perfectly with mine.

IF you want to go the expensive route, I would suggest Bohyme-brand Egyptian Smooth. It supposedly has a thicker texture. I haven't tried this one but it looks really good :)

Yes, you're probably right.... I'd like the texture to match, though.... Any suggestions?

I assume you press your hair (looking at avatar). The closest think I can think of on the cheaper end, as f
or texture, is Milky Way kinky permed straight hair. Basically, it's straight hair, but thick like AA permed hair.

It's not yacky, which is super-duper straight and SHINY AS A MO'FO! It the kinky permed hair has sheen, not shine, and looks natural. I also am 99.9% positive that it's humas as well.

Check hairsisters.com for Milky Way's brands. They should have it if you can't find it anywhere else HTH!

Thanks for the responses. I'm checking out the His & Her Hair.... $200? :blush::blush::blush:

I can definitely re-use this, yes?

Never paid that much for hair before....

mine was under $200. i guess it depends on the type and length that you get. mine looks really natural and i have had no shedding problems yet

I would get all my hair covered. I recently had a straight weave with some of my hair left out and I didn't like it. My hair stayed straight but it kept swelling from the humidity no matter what I did. It was more trouble than it was worth. I will get all my hair covered next time like I usually do.

eta: I used Sensationnel Goddess Remy Yaki. It doesn't look much different to me than the other yaki weave hair but I had no shedding and no tangles. It was worth the $$. I still have the hair.

Last edited:
You should check out Extensions plus relaxed texture. It's a dead on match. I'm transitioning and have a lot of natural texture, and this works well for me.

It really depends on your hair. If you have fine hair, it's not going to match the EP. They are supposed to be coming out with a finer relaxed texture but IDK if they have yet. I'm only mentioning this because if I remember correctly, FS's hair is similar to mine in the fact that it's fine and wispy like. You have to work with your natural texture.There's no one brand that is going to work for everybody. I remember looking at Rabia Elaines pictures of the EP Relaxed and thinking my hair does not look like that. It doesn't have texture to it like that. It was too coarse and fluffy looking. It does look like 4a/b AA hair and was a good blend for her but not me.

Even when I was relaxed I went to the store and looked at different brands and felt them to see how they would match up with my hair. Like for instance, I always used Outre Platinum New Yaki hair because it had a fine texture to it. It matched my hair as it did one of my gfs. But one of my other gfs wore Milky Way because it looks coarse down the strand. And it's thicker. It was a better match for her hair. Any weave hair that was too thick, coarse or kinky was not going to blend with my hair. And the reverse would be true for somebody who bought a silkier texture than their own hair. It's not going to blend. And the most important trick to a good weave is having it blend with your natural hair nicely. If it doesn't, no matter how nice the hair you purchased is, it is going to look bad because of the difference in the two textures.

FS - If this is your first weave, I really suggest you go out and look at some different types of hair in person. You need to see for yourself before you drop a few $$$ on something you've never even seen in person before.

ETA: If you get all your hair covered it won't matter what kind of weave hair you buy. There won't be any blending with your own hair.

Last edited:
I would get all my hair covered. I recently had a straight weave with some of my hair left out and I didn't like it. My hair stayed straight but it kept swelling from the humidity no matter what I did. It was more trouble than it was worth. I will get all my hair covered next time like I usually do.

eta: I used Sensationnel Goddess Remy Yaki. It doesn't look much different to me than the other yaki weave hair but I had no shedding and no tangles. It was worth the $$. I still have the hair.

:grin::yep: I always worry about that B-- Humidity.

Im a faith EP hair user. With or with out a full head weave.
but i agree if this is ur first time i would say get a full head weave, so that you dont have ot fuss over the blending.

and if EP isnt where you wanna spend $$$ i would do as glamazon suggested and shop around for different hair.

Back