Natural Touch Up Press

infojunkie

Hey Naturals,

Quick question: Do I absolutely HAVE TO wash my hair before I press it again? I have a wedding Friday night and I just washed and pressed my hair last weekend. But it's been crazy foggy here and my hair is frizzy now. Or would it be safer to just flat iron?

Any other suggestions on how to get back the sleek, silky look I had Sunday morning or must I make time to wash now? :ohwell:

Have you added anything to your hair?I'm leaning towards washing....

If you do decide to re-straighten I would apply more serum/heat protection and use a ceramic flat iron.

Thanks so much for replying.

Yes, guys I use VCO for a moisturizer and I did grease my scalp a couple days ago.

When I did it Saturday I did use Silk Elements Mega Silk Heat Protectant.

Ya'll gon' make me wash it, ain't ya? :ohwell:

Think I can get by just ironing it if I take my time and do small sections. :rolleyes:

Oh and do you have any suggestions for an anti-frizz product?

Ya'll gon' make me wash it, ain't ya? :ohwell:

Think I can get by just ironing it if I take my time and do small sections. :rolleyes:

Oh and do you have any suggestions for an anti-frizz product?
LOL...if you don't want to wash it then don't. It's not like the AXE commercials where we're gonna come throw a bucket of water on you and scrub your hair clean.

Paul Mitchell Super Skinny, Sabino MB...I'm trying to think of more.

LOL...if you don't want to wash it then don't. It's not like the AXE commercials where we're gonna come throw a bucket of water on you and scrub your hair clean.

Paul Mitchell Super Skinny, Sabino MB...I'm trying to think of more.

Girl, this is LHCF some of these women on here scare me. I think they just might stalk me to make sure I washed it.

I really don't wanna overdo the heat cause I don't want long term heat damage - I'm pretty careful with it though.

Can I get these serums at Sally's?

well I am like you in not wanting to wash my hair and then repress HOWEVER everytime I pressed my hair more than a week from washing it I regretted it cause it was torture on my ends and made it look more like a blow job than a press job--it kinda like cooked/fried my hair...what has worked for me is if I put a little oil on my ends and run a wax or oil based conditioner through my hair and then wrap it with a silk scarf and brushing the wrap with a Boar's head brush...if u think that wont work then u can even turn the iron on the lightest setting and run it through the most stubborn part and then wrap

well I am like you in not wanting to wash my hair and then repress HOWEVER everytime I pressed my hair more than a week from washing it I regretted it cause it was torture on my ends and made it look more like a blow job than a press job--it kinda like cooked/fried my hair...what has worked for me is if I put a little oil on my ends and run a wax or oil based conditioner through my hair and then wrap it with a silk scarf and brushing the wrap with a Boar's head brush...if u think that wont work then u can even turn the iron on the lightest setting and run it through the most stubborn part and then wrap

Thanks Queen, now you talking language I can understand. :yep: :lachen:

I'll try this with a skinny serum and see how I fair.

You guys are the best! :grin:

Thanks bunches and heaps!

Not sure I have an oil or wax based conditioner though, what do you recommend?

Okay, I went by Sally's yesterday and picked up the generic Paul Mitchell Super Skinny. Before bed, I put some coconut oil on my hair and the PM over that, wrapped it, and this morning it was beautiful. It's still full but it's not frizzy anymore and I had no problems with the fog this morning.

Can't wait to see what it's gonna look like when I curl it all over with my Chi.

Thanks for all your help ladies.

Back