Natural to Texturized (sorta long)

SqrpioQutie

ok ladies... i came to you all last week because i was bored with being natural and then i impulsively texturized... i am VERY happy :creatures to report that being texturized is my happy medium... i wrapped it and let it dry (no heat) and had the funky chunky semi-spiked look that i like, then i curled it and had the fullest hair that i've had in a long time... that was day one... day two and beyond i've been rocking a wash n go that has the most defined spiral curls i've had EVER... so yay for the texturizer (a.k.a. Organics Relaxer)...

OH, and my product use and routine is 150% more simple now... :yay: i CW daily, then i use my Surge, blot out the excess water, and top off with a mixture of Black Castor Oil and MTG... my hair is moisturized all day, very shiny, and i've been getting even more compliments than when i was natural... AND it's still growing like a weed...

my only concern is if i'm using too many growth solutions at once... :confused: ... the MTG and Black Castor Oil are mixed together and i use maybe a dime sized amount daily... and 2 nights a week i sleep in a conditioning cap with MTG mixed with Herbal Oil on my scalp...

What d'ya think???

Welcome to the texturized world! I love it too. It's a happy medium for me. I can do natural and relaxed styles. :clap:

SqrpioQutie said:
ok ladies... i came to you all last week because i was bored with being natural and then i impulsively texturized... i am VERY happy :creatures to report that being texturized is my happy medium... i wrapped it and let it dry (no heat) and had the funky chunky semi-spiked look that i like, then i curled it and had the fullest hair that i've had in a long time... that was day one... day two and beyond i've been rocking a wash n go that has the most defined spiral curls i've had EVER... so yay for the texturizer (a.k.a. Organics Relaxer)...

OH, and my product use and routine is 150% more simple now... :yay: i CW daily, then i use my Surge, blot out the excess water, and top off with a mixture of Black Castor Oil and MTG... my hair is moisturized all day, very shiny, and i've been getting even more compliments than when i was natural... AND it's still growing like a weed...

my only concern is if i'm using too many growth solutions at once... :confused: ... the MTG and Black Castor Oil are mixed together and i use maybe a dime sized amount daily... and 2 nights a week i sleep in a conditioning cap with MTG mixed with Herbal Oil on my scalp...

What d'ya think???

I'm glad that you are happy! I just wanted to say that I went looking through your album and I really like the natural look picture that you have in there dated 08/19/05(Not So Dry). Do you have pics of your texturized hair???

I am bumping for replies!!!

MzTami said:
I'm glad that you are happy! I just wanted to say that I went looking through your album and I really like the natural look picture that you have in there dated 08/19/05(Not So Dry). Do you have pics of your texturized hair???

I am bumping for replies!!!

Yep, the pics on the yahoo link are texturized ... and the avatar is a texturized wash n go... THANKS so much on the natural pic... i must admit, i liked it for a while - but then i was using so many products to keep it moisturized all day (i could not find a HG to save my life!!!)...

Queenie said:
Welcome to the texturized world! I love it too. It's a happy medium for me. I can do natural and relaxed styles. :clap:

***best R. Kelly impression*** Best offfffffffffffffffffffff Both Worldsssssssssssssssss oh OHHHHHHHHHHH :fallenang

How long did u leave your texturizer on? I'm natural now, but will be texturizing early January. New year, new goals....I'm researching all texturized sistas. Welcome to the site and yeah, when I used Surge and MTg, when I was texturized, my hair grew like a weed! The one product that helped me with moisture was S-curl. The only thing w/ me is that mtg makes the chemicals very temporary in my hair. I hope your texturized journey is a successful one. :D

i left it on for about 8 minutes total (including the application and smoothing process)... the total suggested processing time was 15 minutes, so i figured half of that would equal texturizing... the only tools i used were my hands (rather than the comb that the box suggested)... so far so good with the surging... :D ... it seems to have a very different (positive) effect on my texturized hair than it did on my natural hair... when i used it on the Nat. hair, it made it extremely difficult to moisturize... now it helps... thank u thank u thank u (regarding the texturized journey) :grin:

I don't have any suggestions but I wanted to say that your photos look great! I love that spiked look you have going on in your Yahoo! album! You did a good job on your texturizer. Happy hair growing! :antlers:

SqrpioQutie said:
***best R. Kelly impression*** Best offfffffffffffffffffffff Both Worldsssssssssssssssss oh OHHHHHHHHHHH :fallenang

Yes, the best of both worlds. Your hair looks great!

I :love: my texturized hair.

oh my you texturized!! I'm glad that your happy with the results! being texturized is like having the best of both worlds.

Your hair looks great. I'm glad you found something that works for you. Happy hair growing! I LOVE the spiky fro look.

Back