Natural Style Help: How to achieve this look (Products and Techniques)?

PaperClip

I believe I have enough length to do this style as I have to get better wearing my own hair out (at least during the warmer months). Please, how can I do this style? Take me through step by step!:)

mmartin.jpg

Knock knock....
Excuse me, Dear Mods: could this thread be moved to the Hair forum or would it be easier for me to delete and repost there myself?

Thank you, dear Mods....:)

looks like coils to me, but the pic is kind of small so it may be small twists.

finger or comb coils...wash and condition your hair as usual and then on damp hair take a small section of hair, add a little gel or something for hold and then twirl it around your finger until it forms a coil. if you have naturally curly/coily hair it should form a coil. if you have problems making finger coils stay, you can use a rattail comb and a bit more product. (you use the comb to make a coil). you just repeat the steps until your head is done. you can sit under a dryer or air dry.

straw set...you need drinking straws (cut in half or shorter/longer depending on your hair length) and bobby pins. just wash and condition your hair as usual and then on damp hair, part of a small section of hair, add a little gel or setting lotion and then wrap it around the straw...you're wrapping it just like you would a roller only you are spiraling it up then length of the straw instead of just staying it one place. in other words, put the ends of your hair and the bottom of the straw and then start rolling up so that most of the straw is covered by your hair. it should look like a coil with a straw in the middle of it. once you're done rolling your hair on the straw, secure it with a bobby pin at the top of the straw and move on to the next small section until your whole head is done. sit under a hooded dryer or air dry and then remove the straws and you should have something similar to the picture...

you can also separate the coils after wearing them for a few days for a spiral curl look...

Back