Natural Problem

TigerOrange

Ok, let me first explain that I live in South Carolina and people are soo not nice about being natural. Anyways, if I wear my hair in a braidout or put it in an afro puff, everyone says my hair looks nappy and I need to do something about it. I especially get nasty comments from family. I really don't like it, but if I press the heck out of my hair and it is all bouncy then everyone always raves about it, but my hair doesn't thrive when I put that much heat on it. I just need to know of some different styles that don't require a lot of heat to maintain. I have the hair tucker from Pamela Ferrell, but it just makes me look like I'm stuck in the 80's. Plus, I exercise a lot. Ya'll please help. I need some different style ideas that don't require a 300 degree pressing comb. Thanks soo much.
smile.gif

In general black folks hate nappy hair. Some people are always going to have something to say. You just gotta stay proud and keep steppin.

You can do anything you want to with natural hair. I just posted picks of my flat twist hair-style in my album if you want to take a look. I also have pics of twists and roller sets in my album.

If you want to keep your napps my advice to you is to stay far away from the pressing comb. You can get your natural hair just as straight with a roller set anyway...I know I've done it.

drunk.gif
Good Luck and have some fun with your hair!

Thanks soo much. I like the cornrow pattern. I don't know if my hair will rollerset. It is pretty wild. I'm going to get the front cornrowed in that same sort of pattern and foam roller set the back. Thanks for the ideas.

[ QUOTE ]
AFashionSlave said:
In general black folks hate nappy hair. Some people are always going to have something to say. You just gotta stay proud and keep steppin.

You can do anything you want to with natural hair. I just posted picks of my flat twist hair-style in my album if you want to take a look. I also have pics of twists and roller sets in my album.

If you want to keep your napps my advice to you is to stay far away from the pressing comb. You can get your natural hair just as straight with a roller set anyway...I know I've done it.

drunk.gif
Good Luck and have some fun with your hair!

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree. Also - see if you can find some other nappturals in your area. Many nappturals try to get together and hang out. Also - just keep expressing your feelings here or any other boards your a member of.

Take Care Sweetie
kissing4.gif

afashoinslave- your hair is so cute in your twist pics.

TigerOrange- i know how hard it is to be something when other ppl are constantly putting you down when you are happy with your decision. I think that finding Nappys in your area is a good idea. there have to be some somewhere.

Girl there are soooo many styles you can rock with your natural hair. I completely agree AFS, you should really start playing with you natural hair so you can get a feel for what styles you like, it also helps you gain confidence in your decision to be natural when you're able to twist, plait, and cornrow your hair into your own one of a kind creations. Once you start building that confidence haters cease to have an affect on you.

Meeting other naturals is always fun, cause you can get great ideas from them.

The styles are endless...

But more importantly...you cant make everyone happy...so just concentrate on making you and your hair happy.

I am a huge fan of hair magazines...especially if they have a natural section in them. I also have a HUGE list of links to natural women (AFS is one of my favorites
smile.gif
)that have worn every style from the MOHAWK to rollerset...the twist out and the curly puff...it is amazing how creative natural sistahs are with their hair.

Have fun with it...Best wishes to you.

@ Fashionslave, I thoroughly enjoyed looking at your album.
@ TigerOrange, typical of some black people, they make me sick. I don't like to use the work nappy, because it is so derogatory.
Unfortunately, there is a lot of self hate around still. Some people need some serious help, you hair is very beautiful, and you should wear it how it suits you, there are so many natural hair styles out there. Good luck and God bless.

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I'm going to try to be more creative with my styles. I guess we will always have haters of natural hair b/c some black folk, not all, are just afraid to show their real side and just try to bring others down.

Back