Natural Looking Full-Head Weave

LiftedUp

Is it possible?

My hairstylist is encouraging me to go this route for maximum protective styling and thus overall retaining of hair. I just don't want to look like I'm wearing a weave or wig.

Most of the pics I'm seeing online I don't particularly like.

Is it possible?

My hairstylist is encouraging me to go this route for maximum protective styling and thus overall retaining of hair. I just don't want to look like I'm wearing a weave or wig.

Most of the pics I'm seeing online I don't particularly like.

With a Closure yeah

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

A full head weave is pretty much always going to look like a weave. Don't think i've ever seen otherwise. Some talented hairstylsts are able to do natural looking weaves with very little hair left out though. I would go that route if you can.

EDIT: Shockolate is right, you can definitely do this with a closure done right. Check out Fabulosityisme on youtube. That girl works miracles with closures.

Last edited:
Thanks, she is concerned about me leaving out hair since my strands are fine.

It's my first weave and I really want to look good on the first try.

I second a closure, but PLEASE do your research! All closures are not created equal. :lol: Some will have you looking crazy. YouTube has videos that may be helpful. You can also ask around or check out black hair media.

http://www.catherinemarion.com/collections/all

This store has some of the the most beautiful, natural looking wigs and weaves I've ever seen. They're expensive though. I'm not sure if the weaves are full closure. The wigs are great and I think you have to leave a little bit of your hair out, but what's a little bit of hair really in the overall scheme of things.

It depends. I find that if you have long hair, the weave is more "blendable". A closure, as suggested by the other ladies is a remedy if you don't have long hair.

She wants bangs but it seems very telling to me. My hair won't be out at all. I'm thinking about leaving out a little at the top to part. I don't think it would be that detrimental.

A full head weave is pretty much always going to look like a weave. Don't think i've ever seen otherwise. Some talented hairstylsts are able to do natural looking weaves with very little hair left out though. I would go that route if you can.

EDIT: Shockolate is right, you can definitely do this with a closure done right. Check out Fabulosityisme on youtube. That girl works miracles with closures.

RoseGolden, thanks for posting, her hair came out great! I might have to try this.

Last edited:
You need to find the right stylist, there are only a few who can do it right so that it doesn't look like a big wig. Have you seen your stylists other work on the full head sew in? That would make my decision for me if I didn't like how her other clients' hair looked.

She wants bangs but it seems very telling to me. My hair won't be out at all. I'm thinking about leaving out a little at the top to part. I don't think it would be that detrimental.

if its a straight style you're goinna be flat ironing a lot. Im in the same predicament..Imn trying to avoid leaving anything out but also avoid the ridiculous look

if its a straight style you're goinna be flat ironing a lot. Im in the same predicament..Imn trying to avoid leaving anything out but also avoid the ridiculous look

:yep:

This is the issue I'm having too. My hair is natural and reverts with the slightest humidity. :rolleyes:

I agree with not leaving any hair out because it makes no sense to protect all your hair minus a section. :nuts:

I think bangs like wednesday suggested are a good idea. Unlike straight hair that falls flat and exposes parts (or absence thereof), natural looking hair with curls or waves hides them well so IMO with a closure, it won't look like a weave unless you go from baldie to tryna be Rapunzel overnight.

So if you can get a pro on weaves and styling, I think you could fake it till you make it.

Even closures will look ridiculous after like 3 weeks because it starts to move back as your hair grows. You can get your closure adjusted but I found that wearing a closure just meant having to get my hair redone a lot sooner than I wanted to. I'm not sufficient at self-styling.

If you get a closure...try not to get one with a "built-in" part. They look more natural when you can part the hair anywhere you want.

It also really depends on the cut and style. I've seen some 100% believable full head weaves but they have all been shorter styles, really chic though.

I would want a short hairstyle with a full weave with not too much hair either....
Anywhere between shoulder and APL curly would work fine for me.

I have a closure installed(freestyle parting) and i like it. I have the same problem as OP. My hair is fine and leaving it out(even with curly weave) was too much. Im going to try and leave this installation for about a month.

Pic in my sig is my current weave. It's a full weave with closure. None of my hair is out. I'm natural too and I was concerned about leaving any hair out, only to be constantly flat ironed.

IMO, full head weaves look best w/ leave out around the perimeter. I don't like closures and I've seen the ones on youtube. If this is your first weave and you don't want that 'weavey' look I'd have some leave out and go with very high quality weave hair. Again, this depends on the look your going for. *I* don't like long, shiny, weaves for everyday wear. I prefer a weave that looks pretty close to my own hair - just a lil thicker and longer. In any event, I'd go w/ leave out and good hair.

I see lots of nice styles if its done right. I agree with a closure. I also agree with looking on Youtube because those ladies really work miracles. Fabulasityisme, ThomasAdriana, etc. Also, choose the hair very carefully. You want hair that will look natural and blend well with your hair. Almost every hair company has a good amount of reviews on youtube. Not every hair company does closures so thats another search.

Taking your time an doing your research is what will help you have a good result.

Back