Natural leave-in conditioner

loveisnthehouse

I was wondering if anyone has had any luck finding a natural leave-in conditioner that they love. I am looking for something I can find at my local store, not something that I have to purchase online. Today I did get the AO honeysuckle rose that people are raving about and I just put some of that on and sealed it with oil. I am looking for a creamy type leave-in that has natural ingredients that wont make my hair all crunchy. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

***There is a new thread where I have combined what was said in one easy list so people don't have to search the whole thing. Search for "Natural Leave-ins Available At Your Local Store!"***

Last edited:
I'm natural 3C and I use Sheamoisture Shea butter leave in which is sold at some BSS. I also use Alba leave in which is sold at health stores. They are both water based. The Sheamoisture has (obviously) shea butter in it (and is thicker), the Alba has coconut oil and is a bit thinner. HTH.

2 best natural things I've found

1 - water!!

2 - my shea butter and vatika (coconut oil) mix
for the mix I just use equal parts of both (no melting or freezing etc....KISS!!) use my handheld mixer and whip for a few secs (like count to 50 in my head lol)

there's no need 2 add 10,000 ingredients lol...shea butter and coconut oil are known to be very moistutrizing!!

and thats it!! its sooo creamy!!

I hated shea butter but now i'm loving it and a little goes a long way....

Alba Botanica makes a Super Great Natural Leave-In
Beauty Without Cruelty Another Great Natural Leave-In
AO Caugula Fern Good Natural Leave-In
Jane Carter Leave-In

*Can all be found either at a Health Food Store, Whole Foods or Trader Joe's.:yep:

Giovanni Direct Leave In is AMAZING. :drool::drool:

You can find this at Ulta, Rite-Aid, Whole Foods, Wegmans, Target, and some Walmarts.

leave+in.jpg

If you are protein sensitive, beware that Giovanni.

Um, I use a combination of S-Curl, and Aussie 3-minute with water. Works well for me.

2 best natural things I've found

my shea butter and vatika (coconut oil) mix
for the mix I just use equal parts of both (no melting or freezing etc....KISS!!) use my handheld mixer and whip for a few secs (like count to 50 in my head lol)

there's no need 2 add 10,000 ingredients lol...shea butter and coconut oil are known to be very moistutrizing!!

Okay I'll admit, I start with the melted shea butter and vatika mix.. but I also add castor oil (to thicken it up), pepppermint for growth, and Aloe vera (it takes the place of glycerin).... Simply blessed is right no need to add a lot of stuff. But if you don't melt down the she butter too bad it may stay a little thicker if you want it.

I have to agree with the Giovanni Leave In...I love this stuff and a little goes a long way...so money stretches further.

Last edited:
Taliah Waajid conditioner can be found in some stores. It has great ingredients, works really well, and smells great.

I'm natural 3C and I use Sheamoisture Shea butter leave in which is sold at some BSS. I also use Alba leave in which is sold at health stores. They are both water based. The Sheamoisture has (obviously) shea butter in it (and is thicker), the Alba has coconut oil and is a bit thinner. HTH.

The sheamoisture looks good! Now, I am new to the whole oil vs water moisturizer, but I looked up the ingredients to sheamoisture and it said the first ingredeint is shea butter. Since an oil (shea butter) is the first ingredient, doesn't that make it an oil moisturizer?

Shea Butter, Deionized Water, Herbal Complex, Panthenol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Cocoa Butter, Aloe Vera, Jojoba Oil, Vitamin E

Am I incorrect? If so please inform me!

Ditto on the Shea Moisture shea butter leave-in. It's an old staple of mine that is back in rotation. DH is using it too as is a good friend for her 4 year old's hair.

Most people will tell you that oils don't moisturize. Oils seal in moisture.
I use Shea Moisture leave-in on wet or damp hair & get amazing results. My friends all had their hands in my head on Labor Day commenting about how soft it was (a twist out). All I used was water and Shea Moisture leave-in.

The sheamoisture looks good! Now, I am new to the whole oil vs water moisturizer, but I looked up the ingredients to sheamoisture and it said the first ingredeint is shea butter. Since an oil (shea butter) is the first ingredient, doesn't that make it an oil moisturizer?

Shea Butter, Deionized Water, Herbal Complex, Panthenol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Cocoa Butter, Aloe Vera, Jojoba Oil, Vitamin E

Am I incorrect? If so please inform me!

i love love love love love love giovanni direct leave in. almosy as much as i love kbb hair milk but you cant get the hair milk locally unless you live in NY.

the giovanni is so creamy and makes my hair soft for days.

Ditto on the Shea Moisture shea butter leave-in. It's an old staple of mine that is back in rotation. DH is using it too as is a good friend for her 4 year old's hair.

Most people will tell you that oils don't moisturize. Oils seal in moisture.
I use Shea Moisture leave-in on wet or damp hair & get amazing results. My friends all had their hands in my head on Labor Day commenting about how soft it was (a twist out). All I used was water and Shea Moisture leave-in.

So is the shea moisture an oil or water moisturizer?

I went to the local black bss today and couldn't find Sheamoisture Shea butter at all! I looked up and down EVERY aisle. As I was looking I looked at most of the leave-ins to see if could find a replacement. Every one of them either had mineral oil or a cone or a paraben in them. EVERY ONE! It's really frustrating to me. I would think there would be more companies out there who want to provide their customers with healthy, quality hair products. Especially with finding out how parabens can be harmful to health, wouldn't companies want to stop producing things with such potentially damaging side affects? I dunno.. I'm just getting discouraged. I think I’m going to go to whole foods and get that Alba leave in. Hope it works for me!

Back