Natural ladies!! Do you ever get THAT URGE to relax??

For me, no. I get the urge to straighten. But never relaxing because that would require going back to the salon, and for me, salon = satan. Never again. So kinky, coily it is.

Yes. I really think it's because of my hair length though. I hope that as my hair gets longer the urge will subside!

3.5 years natural, APL, and yes I have that urge to relax. I'm thinking seriously of relaxing on Saturday. I have no relaxer trauma stories and have always had good hair care practices. But I'm finding for my lifestyle a relaxer may work better. I'd relax once or twice a year. I predominantly wore air dried roller sets, but my hair is to thick to get a smooth grip in the rods. I work out 3 times a week and sweat hard. At to that I'm sick of the buns.

As to the weaves....I do sewin's couple times a year, and love it. But I find that I miss my own hair and want to enjoy my own hair.

Umm no. Love, love, love being natural. Transitioned 2 years and April will be one year of being fully natural. Honestly,the thought never crosses my mind.

Never. I can get a dominican blow out and have straight hair without reversion for a minimum of 2 weeks before, I force my self to shampoo my hair. With natural hair you can have the best of 2 worlds, curly or straight.

Yes, I have been having the urge for weeks. So what I did was got my hair pressed and I didn't like it straight. So the urge is gone.l...

NOPE NEVER EVER i took years to decide to stop relaxing as i knew once i did i wouldnt be then chopping off length only to relax again

urge to straighten YES which i will do give me time:grin:

YES! And I have the urge now. I want a cut and a relaxer. If I don't relax I want a Dominican blowdry. I want it short and straight!

Actually, no. I flat-ironed my hair for Christmas and wanted to wash it out a few days later. I loved seeing the length, but missed my naps. :yep:

Never. I can get a dominican blow out and have straight hair without reversion for a minimum of 2 weeks before, I force my self to shampoo my hair. With natural hair you can have the best of 2 worlds, curly or straight.

I wish I could do this. My hair reverts at the first sniff of moisture.:sad: Even when I was relaxed my curls would just droop and my new growth would swell.

yes but it comes and goes...

So its not strong enough for me to actually do it. However I might relax in 2014 and then transition again if an when I feel like it...

I do, but I don't really know how. My days spent with a perm were the result of other people( mom, cousin, sister etc) perming my hair. I could perm someone else's hair more efficiently than my own(as the result of habit and practice perming my mom, sister's cousin hair in the past). I never actually put my own perm in. If I ever went back that would have to be the way to go:doing it for myself. When I think of the style time I would save, and remember that I happy with my hair while it was permed, it gets tempting.

Yes; I want to relax right now actually. But I suspect the feeling will disappear soon cuz I've felt this way before.

I'm just really in need of a change right now in a major way.

Nope. Not even through my transition which ended last week. I even have a tub of motions relaxer bouncing around my room and I still have no urge to relax.

Yes - after almost ten years of being natural I am at this moment tempted to relax my hair. I have cut my hair several times and worn my hair in either a curly Afro or bun. I don't feel there are any other options that look good on me but remember versatility with being relaxed. I might just give in eventually.

Never, in my 9 yrs of being natural. My pressed straight natural hair looks to me a lot better than my relaxed hair so.....

Yes, nearly every time I have to detangle and take 5 hours twisting my hair. What stops me is the knowledge of how dangerous relaxers are.

I guess. I still haven't grown back the length I was at when I was relaxed. *looks at ticker and sighs*
I also miss my smooth bantu knot outs and the length it showed. But it required a lot of work though, and I was always afraid of the rain. :lol:
Wearing a wash and go with my natural hair is so much easier. And it makes me feel kinda special. :)

Nope, but sometimes I get the urge to straighten my hair. I'm trying to straighten only every 3 months but as my hair is getting longer I get tempted to straighten more frequently.

No. Not for me! There aren't any styles I see on relaxed hair that I can't do. I just prefer not to, I don't want to ruin my curls. I have been relaxer free for over two years and I am not looking back. I like the versatility of my natural hair.

Back