Natural ladies!! Do you ever get THAT URGE to relax??

I got the urge.. did it and dont regret it. I was sick of the knots and split ends. The relaxer IMO helped. Im 6 months post right now.

Get a weave. :yep:

No I never ever get the urge. The thought of a relaxer makes my scalp tingle:lachen:

IA about the weave - after i figured out I could buy any hair texture I wanted in a packet and sew it on a weave cap, I never felt the need to straighten my hair with chemicals or heat. Buy enough straight hair and that could get old too, and you just might lose interest all together - at least that's how it worked for me. :)

Not really. But I am getting the urge for heat because heat for me equals low to no tangles and better retention now that my hair is getting longer. Bone straight hair looks dope on others but on me I just don't feel it.

I dont really have one as im trying to figure out what to do with my hair. reason being I relaxed in june and up until recently i did daily wng's because it was summer:lol: occasionally i went to the dominicans and got a wash n set WITHOUT the blowout. I recently purchased a hooded dryer and magnetic rollers because I would like to start rollersetting my own hair. I have too much new growth to really try and start, between dealing with that and learning to place the rollers its tough. So Im going to get a touch up soon. So far Ive been deep conditioning every week with keracare humecto and every other week with some vegetable protein treatment from elucence.

My relaxed texture isnt that far off from my natural texture so I think that's why I can stretch so long. In fact no one even knows I relaxed my hair lol. If my hair was relaxed bone straight I would probably only be able to go 3 months max because my hair is super curly.

What is your regimen, if you don't mind me asking. I really want to either retouch 1-2Xs a year if I relax.

I get the urge when I walk by relaxers in the stores. But I don't look too hard and KIM. Lol.

I like to wear my hair straight sometimes, but I don't miss the chemical burns, thin hair and lack of versatility that I had with my relaxed hair.

Same as other ladies: I am loving the versatility and I have gone back to some heat once in a while (I lost some ends with my beloved wash and go's) but nevermore to relax.

I even have been lucky to have my flat ironing last for a week (and it rained twice and was foggy in the AM).

I had the urge to relax just so I could transition again... lol. And I would have done it for like 3 or 4 years to avoid those horrible SSKs I had been dealing with at the time. But that lasted about an hour. Hehe.

Nope never had the urge to relax but I do have urges to straighten my hair. Relaxing was too much for me...more care than just being natural. My hair was breaking, thinning (to the point where you would have that "see-through" hair), stayed dry regardless of what you put on it, I didn't like the "feel" of a fresh relaxer, itchy scalp, too much dandruff, etc. I'm perfectly happy without them.

Nope! Even after 5 chops due to struggle with my natural hair, I couldn't think of a relaxer. I have now learned how to take care of my natural hair, and I'm so happy with it. I get compliments on my natural hair all the time :) I don't remember having a compliment on my relaxed hair. And the relaxed heads that I see around make me go like :nono:

hell no i aint ever putting that stanky burning stuff back in my head.

but girl if you wanna relax go on!! i promise the nappy police wont drop out of the sky with a bottle of water in their hands :lachen:

No.

Not yet at least. I aint been natural that long.

I had a dream recently (and I always have vivid dreams) where someone put a relaxer in my hair. I kept trying to tell myself in the dream that "its okay, it didnt stay on that long...texturized"...then I started combing it out in the mirror and got pissed.

:nono: I woke up so upset, touching my hair and happy it was all a dream.

no, but I REALLY want to blow my hair out and flat iron it bone straight but Im skurred. I have all types of color in my head (it would be set-back city. :nono: ), and I haven't put heat on it for well over a year.

Im itching for straight hair though.

Once every blue moon but I know that I would start crying the minute I put it in cuz I would feel all that time and im back where I started. Besides now that im natural I can't stand bone straight styles anymore I have to have some type of flip, curl, wave or something! Some type of poof or big hair.

Straighten, yes. Relax, heck no. I don't want thinner, flat to the scalp hair. I don't miss the smell, the burns or the period where you simply cannot scratch your head. It's not that serious for me to go back to a relaxer. I'd rather just flat iron. If you want a style that is that specific just get a sew in and get it cut into that bob or a quick weave cut into the bob. That's what I'm going to do. Actually I'm going to make my own bob on a stocking cap to change it up. I have ALWAYS loved the bob hairstyle, but never enough to sacrifice my hair for it. Plus I need to stop manipulating my hair so much anyway. so braiding it down, keeping my natural hair clean and moisturized underneath and rocking wigs/weaves/sew ins for a while can give it a break that it desperately needs.

Ive wished I cud flat ifron my hair better (Ive only tried 2 times), relaxer, nope

25 months natural

ive never had the urge to relax. a few weeks ago i convinced myself that i wanted to be a straight hair natural though. i got a dominican blowout that once and then went right back to kinks.

Nope. I reached my length goal as a relaxed head so I have never had the urge to go back. I rarely even get the urge to straighten anymore, especially since I've learned how to do wash n gos.:yep:

I'm not natural, still transitioning, but with two inches of NG already I am getting the urge to call my salon for a touch up. It's making detangling difficult and my hair is getting bigger! I'm getting that itch!

No.

I really hated going to salons and I have never been bold enough to put chemicals on my hair myself so it is not going to happen.

Ladies thank you all for your responses! I'm actually getting my hair done tomorrow by my friend for his lookbook for future clients. :) He's going to straighten it and I'm toying with the idea of getting some color. I'll try to post pictures when he finishes.
He also does weaves so I'll talk to him to see if he can give me the Rihanna bob that I posted on the first page.

Back