Natural heads: Simple, easy, 1,2,3 Routine

SouthernGyal

Are your routine's easy?

Just when i thought i had an easy routine, a problem creeps in.

3 times a week
1. No Poo with Suave Lavendar Conditioner
2. Put African Pride Leave In Conditioner on
3. Use Taliah Waajid loc butter to shape

Once every 2 weeks i use Creme of Nature Shampoo for dry hair.

Now the loc butter is causing white flakes.
mad.gif

I think it might be because i'm using products from 2 different lines, 1)African Pride and 2) Taliah Waajid.
blush.gif

I guess i'll look and see if i can find a loc butter made by African Pride.
crazy.gif

My daily style is a puff, but the loc butter makes your hair so soft. It also smells great. I get compliments all of the time on how great my hair smells.
cool.gif

Does routine work for awhile and then stop.
frown.gif

Maybe you need to do an ACV rinse to rinse away the possible buildup form the loc butter. I've been wearing a low puff for the past few weeks and I haven't had any problems with dryness.

My routine consisted of daily rinsing with Suave Tropical Coconut and then Elucence leave-in along with avocado oil sometimes. About once per week I'd do an ACV rinse after treating my hair with Aubrey GPB or Blackstrap Molasses.

I'm going back to flatironing for a few weeks starting today.

I've never thought there was anything wrong with using two different products from two lines. You may just want to try another butter, it doesn't necessarily have to be African Pride. Also, like SVT said you may want to try an apple cider vinegar rinse

If the ACV doesn't work good to rinse the buildup, try using a clarifying shampoo. I have to use a clarifying shampoo when I have a lot of buildup to remove it.

I no poo with Proclaim Cholesterol every Tue, Thurs and Saturday.
I my own mixture to twist my hair into bantu knots and wear knot-out on the other days.
I guess I never have a problem with build up since I no poo every other day. My hair stays incredibly soft until the next washing.
I also have not suffered any of the dreaded breakage that some transitioners suffer.

I use products from different lines all the time & never had a problem with them reacting to one another. It may be just that one product or, like already suggested, you may need to clarify.

My routine is pretty simple; this is going to be my cold-weather routine: shampoo & condition 1-2x per week; deep condition 2x per month. After regular shampoo/cond., apply leave-in cond. & CD product of choice (either Healthy Hair Butter or Mimosa Hair Honey). Airdry until nearly dry then 2-strand twist randomly (about 20 twists all over). Pull back into bun. Sometimes, I'll do my 2-strand twists smaller & neater & wear them loose; just depends on how much time I have.

Back