Natural hair in PA school

clairdelune

Hi everyone! I have recently been accepted to PA school and I will be starting in 4 weeks. My school requires that all students look professional at all times. I know my natural hair can look professional, but I will be attending classes 5 days a week 8am till 5pm and I know I will not have enough time to spend on my hair. I am thinking about wearing a curly weave (full head) like the bohyme Brazilian wave hair or shoulder length kinky twist. I need to wear something that is low maintenance and that I can wear for at least 6 to 8 weeks. Does anyone have any idea as far as protective styles for me please! Thank you so much
PS: my hair is about 11 inches all over and is 4a type. Attached is a picture!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 78
You and your hair are beautiful! But I know I like twists and buns I am a student as well and these two styles save me tons of time hope this helps:)!

Thank you :) Do you twist with your own hair?

I do twist with my own hair...but I do braid the root about a quarter of an inch and twist the remainder of the way down which helps my twist last longer..oh and I use my homemade flaxseed gel or aloe Vera gel for hold.

I do twist with my own hair...but I do braid the root about a quarter of an inch and twist the remainder of the way down which helps my twist last longer..oh and I use my homemade flaxseed gel or aloe Vera gel for hold.

I have not been able to wear twist with my own hair for more than a day because of how thin my hair is. After I twist my hair, anyone can see my scalp and it just doesn't look pretty. Maybe I should try twisting with aloe vera gel. How long do your twists last?

I'm just finishing up my first year of PT school and it is really easy to neglect your hair with how busy grad school can be so it's great you're thinking ahead. What worked for me was wearing my own twists in a bun, loose hair buns, with my hair moisturized and tucked under, and braid extensions. Braid extensions you can leave in 6-8 weeks and they're a cheater alternative to weaves. And I know you said your twists are hard to wear b/c they come out thin, but try to let them steam in the shower for a few days, or wet them. That's what works for me to get my twists a little more plump.

Back