Natural ends look horrible! Help!

jetbeauty09

I just BC’d in Sept 09 so I didn’t think I needed a trim so soon. My twistouts look a bit fuzzy on the ends now and I wonder if I should stop twisting the ends around my finger. It seems to make them thin & scraggely. I’ve never straightened my natural hair and honestly, I’m scared to do so b/c I know my ends will be seen for the crazy ways they have J

What are you supposed to do w/your ends when you’re done 2 strand twisting (besides attaching a roller)? Has anyone else experienced these type of ends and did you have to have another chop in order to wear a nice straight style?

a trim might be your best bet BUT if you want to give your hair a little more time before you make that choice, you can try upping the DC. see if you can restore the condition of your ends.

when my ends are fuzzy or if they don't look or feel as smooth as i like, i just trim. i always twirl the ends of my twists around my finger and it just makes a little curl.

for straight styles you'll most likely want to do another little trim if you want it to be smooth. I don't straight style that often but when i do, sometimes, i just dust a little off the ends to clean up the look.

You can always trim the ends of each twists. For the ends of my twists I coil them but use two fingers instead of twirling which just seems to make my hair knot and tangle. No matter how short your hair is, a small trim shouldn't be ignored because you'll still have your oldest hair go through the elements and the like. I'm learning that the hard way...

a trim might be your best bet BUT if you want to give your hair a little more time before you make that choice, you can try upping the DC. see if you can restore the condition of your ends.

when my ends are fuzzy or if they don't look or feel as smooth as i like, i just trim. i always twirl the ends of my twists around my finger and it just makes a little curl.

for straight styles you'll most likely want to do another little trim if you want it to be smooth. I don't straight style that often but when i do, sometimes, i just dust a little off the ends to clean up the look.

I see....I DC once a week so I guess I will increase that to twice a week and see how my ends are. Glad I'm not the only one twirling...lol

If your avatar is a pic of you, your hair is doing great. Very healthy looking.:yep:

I put extra oil or conditioner on my ends after I twist then I either put the roller on or twist it around itself into a knot and I tuck my ends into the knot. I search and destroy often but I don't get full on trims much, I was able to stretch my last trim for 6 months. My ends are doing fine.

Usually at night and the morning I will put some type of conditioner, creamy leave in, water something on my ends.

You can always trim the ends of each twists. For the ends of my twists I coil them but use two fingers instead of twirling which just seems to make my hair knot and tangle. No matter how short your hair is, a small trim shouldn't be ignored because you'll still have your oldest hair go through the elements and the like. I'm learning that the hard way...

Yes ma'am, twirling definitely has knot potential. I hope the split hasn't just shot up the shaft and I'll end up with another BC!:nono: I'll revisit this in a month to see if upping DC's will help. Thx

I just BC’d in Sept 09 so I didn’t think I needed a trim so soon. My twistouts look a bit fuzzy on the ends now and I wonder if I should stop twisting the ends around my finger. It seems to make them thin & scraggely. I’ve never straightened my natural hair and honestly, I’m scared to do so b/c I know my ends will be seen for the crazy ways they have J

What are you supposed to do w/your ends when you’re done 2 strand twisting (besides attaching a roller)? Has anyone else experienced these type of ends and did you have to have another chop in order to wear a nice straight style?

Maybe you have some scab hair that needs to be removed. But remember that hair doesn't all grow at the same rate so you can trim but if it keeps ending up the same way it might just be how your hair grows.

I am not natural but I always use plenty of product when I am twisting or braiding so the ends just are curly because they are moist. Try using some product to make it curl up or even a spray bottle with water.

Hey there, OP! I am sorry to hear that your ends are thinning.

I twist my ends around my fingers every single time I do twists....but there is always shea butter pretty thick on my fingers, so I am not dry twisting.

Do you have a butter or oil on your fingers when you get to your ends? My ends are not suffering at all. Actually, I have felt that twisting the ends around my fingers with the shea has helped my ends. Do you dry twist at the ends? Putting lots of butter/oil might help. Sorry if you already posted the answer and somehow Imissed it...

cj

Hey there, OP! I am sorry to hear that your ends are thinning.

I twist my ends around my fingers every single time I do twists....but there is always shea butter pretty thick on my fingers, so I am not dry twisting.

Do you have a butter or oil on your fingers when you get to your ends? My ends are not suffering at all. Actually, I have felt that twisting the ends around my fingers with the shea has helped my ends. Do you dry twist at the ends? Putting lots of butter/oil might help. Sorry if you already posted the answer and somehow Imissed it...

cj

That is a REALLY good idea. I have maybe a little oil or butter on my hands but I never concentrated on it when I was twisting. I will be trying that for sure. Thanks sooooo much!!!

Back