Natural 4B-Still in love w/wax- Tiny twists w/coils on end (PICS)

jetbeauty09

So the wax has been sitting in the bottom of my sink since the last time I posted pics here. I LOVE this wax. I saw someone post something about it being a 'straightner' and boy do I need it for that so I thought I'd just see what it could do again (especially since I've been feeling like this about my hair lately :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:)

So enough chatter...I made them small on purpose and ran out of time at the top so those are bigger. I :lick: the coils at the bottom of each twist. I achieved this just by stop 2 strand twisting and twisting the end around my finger.

You would be surprised how your hair reacts to wax if you think you can't get a curl to pop in your 4b & CNAPP hair. I will be using this to define my curls without twists after I take these done.

Attachments

• endmarch 008.jpg
    endmarch 008.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 186
  • endmarch 012.JPG
    endmarch 012.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 202
  • endmarch 019.JPG
    endmarch 019.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 168
  • endmarch 018.JPG
    endmarch 018.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 186
Nice results. I have a wax that I used to use that really makes my curls pop as well. I've been trying to use more natural products but that stuff really worked and it kept my frizz to a minimum.

Shea butter acts the same way-- and its waxy. Yeah, twirling the ends is a good technique for a polished twist/twistout

What wax are you using? Your twists look very nice.
I have yet to wear a full head of twists, I may try soon.

I think maybe beeswax? I was going to say shea butter gives me the same results and it's natural. I still have beeswax somewhere. I do plan to use it again though. The thing is. I'm heavy handed and a tiny bit goes a loooooong way with the wax.

What wax are you using? Your twists look very nice.
I have yet to wear a full head of twists, I may try soon.

Thanks, its beeswax (Australian). This is the 1st time I did my whole head and especially this small and surprisingly it didn't take long at all. I plan on getting at least 2 weeks out of it.

Pretty twists! When dry my ends coil up easily with most of my leave ins (Qhemet, shea butter mix, etc) and a little bit of finger twirl action. If I have just washed/DC'd my hair in twists or braids, the ends coil up on their own, and I add a leave in to keep the look.

Pretty twists! When dry my ends coil up easily with most of my leave ins (Qhemet, shea butter mix, etc) and a little bit of finger twirl action. If I have just washed/DC'd my hair in twists or braids, the ends coil up on their own, and I add a leave in to keep the look.

Thanks! I don't know if it has anything to do w/length (for my hair) but the longer it gets, the more coils I'm seeing. It has never been this easy to get coil action. Shea butter isn't 'tacky' enough, maybe I had a bad batch.

Thanks! I don't know if it has anything to do w/length (for my hair) but the longer it gets, the more coils I'm seeing. It has never been this easy to get coil action. Shea butter isn't 'tacky' enough, maybe I had a bad batch.

Yeah, you probably had a bad bunch. I had a kinda bad bunch-- I don't want to say bad, really it was just "different" (prob a diff process/tree). It wasn't thick or "tacky", i know what u mean. Anyway, make sure you get the thick, big chunky, yellow waxy shea butter it is the best. And it is definitely "tacky" enough!

Very nice!

See, this is why I have to take breaks from this forum, because I end up wanting to buy stuff! *runs to the Off Topic forum*

ETA: Is this on wet or dry hair?

Back