Natural 4a and 4b ladies how long did it take you to get to your current length...

lipyt

from the time of your BC. Post pics.. I am arm pit length and it took me 2 years an months. When I BC my hair was about 1 inch. I will post my pic when I get home from work this afternoon

Re: Natural 4a and 4b ladies how long did it take you to get to your current length..

I started with less than half an inch of hair in May 2005...

After two years (May 2007), I reached armpit length...

And as of right now, I'm still armpit length ...:perplexed :look:... but that's because I keep trimming my ends because of KNOTS and SPLITS! I've had like 3 trims since May of this year...

But now I think I've gotten them under control (I think)... and I'm hoping to reach brastrap length sometime next year. :)

**comparison pics located here: http://public.fotki.com/poohbear0215/comparison_pics/~comparison_pics~/ (password in signature below)**

Last edited:
Re: Natural 4a and 4b ladies how long did it take you to get to your current length..

It took me about 2 years to get my longest layer to BSL, but when I BC'd I was probably at shoulder length.

Your hair is beautiful lipyt.

Well i bc-ed to a TWA in Feb/ March and I'm just touching shoulder length, I hope to be, no I WILL be full shoulder length by Dec:yep:

ETA: On HYH so no pics till Dec..

Last edited:

bump bump bump!

Your's too Afrolinda! I was in awe of you and Soun this summer!

u met my big Sis? she's great!

but all y'all ladies hair is beautiful!

oh and to answer ur question lipyt...im an exception cos my hair grows soooooooooooooo slow in addition to the setbacks i had last yr...my hair is probably SL ( i havent straightened with heat so i dont know for sure). i BCed 3/2005...had an inch of hair.

I bc'd this year at the end of Feb with a fade, but I started letting it grow by April, so now I have a 3 inches of growth. I hope to have 4 or 5 inches by the end of the year. I should be shoulder length by the end of next year if I don't do anything stupid.

It took me about two years to grow off a SL/APL relaxer to an all natural APL. That was May of '06. I've had several trims and set backs in between, but the shortest layers of my hair are BSL and the longest are about an inch or so above (high) WL.

December 05 I started this journey with hair just below my ears. As of June 07 I was BSL.

I won't do another comparison until Dec or Jan 08.

August 6,2006 I cut off all my hair down to 1/2 inches. This is my length as of October 23, 2007. Let the games begin

I BC in november 2006 and I'm chin length now (stretched hair)

Last edited:

I BC in December 2005 to 1 inch of hair, now I'm shoulder length (stretched).

From shoulder lenght(2005) to Brastrap(2007) : 2 years:look:
I BC in feb/march 2001!

Last edited:

It has taken me about two years and a few months to grow from SL relaxed to almost APL natural.

Love the journey :grin:

I BC in Aug 05. Then relaxed my hair shortly after because I did not know how to manager my natural hair.
I discovered LHCF in Oct. 06 which is when I started my hair care journey. I reached APL in July 07. Still hoping for BSL by Dec 07. I am currently texlaxed.

Last edited:

I bc'd in October 2005 and had a 2-3 inch fro. My current length (avatar) is brastrap. So it took 2 years to get there. Q

I bc'd in October 2005 and had a 2-3 inch fro. My current length (avatar) is brastrap. So it took 2 years to get there. Q
Wow! what do yall think is that really fast growth!? Most of us got to armpit in 2 years.... Or maybe you BC from a longer hair length. Was that fro a 2-3 inch fro stretched? Or just 2-3 inches with out stretching?

Wow! what do yall think is that really fast growth!? Most of us got to armpit in 2 years.... Or maybe you BC from a longer hair length. Was that fro a 2-3 inch fro stretched? Or just 2-3 inches with out stretching?

I honestly don't know. My hair grows pretty fast on it's own. I did use some aids here and there but for the most part I just left it alone. It was brastrap when I bc'd it. My hair rebelled and grew 1 inch in a month so I didn't get to enjoy my fro for too long which was the reason why I bc'd. It was 2-3 inches stretched. The only pic I have is my driver's license pic that is in my fotki. I know I am blessed with a really good growth rate. Q

Well I started out with hair an inch or two above my collarbone. I started my growth journey this January 2007. So It took me about 10 months to get me close to APL. I THINK I will retain about 1 to 1 1/2 inches by 12/23/07. So If all goes well I would say it took me 1year to get from lower neck length to APL.
FYI: I anticipate Full BSL Dec 08.
APL + 6 inches= Full BSL/Midback.

from 2 inches to APL in 2.5 years... my siggy has pics of my growth every 6 months from my BC. :yep:

BC July 2006 with 2-3 inches. As of now, I'm about 3-4 inches from a ~comfortable~ APL. I had tons of trims in between this time.

Back