natruals with thin hair.......

KrimsonKween

I read the post on thin hair but most of the ladies in there were relaxed. I wanted to get some feed back from naturals that have thin hair.

What do you do that is the best thing for ur natural thin hair. My hair has thickened up since I have been natural but I still have thin spots in the temple area. I can not co-wash daily like I did when I first started I find that the more I do to my hair the more it breaks.

I started using aloe vera water since it is hot as ....ll here in NC which has been keeping my air very moisturized and it feels really good. I don't use alot of products becasue they weights my hair down and I can't use alot of oil either.

What do you find has been hard with having thin natural hair or has going natural helped ur hair?

What do you want to share with others that have thin natural hair that maybe alittle discouraged with growth rate or just that the hair is so thin?

I am learning to except the fact that may never have super thick hair but I love my hair sjut the same. I do get frustrated with growth but then I feel the naps and breathe......

Cause I don't want to be having to do my hair in the morning nor do I want to sit in the shop all day.:lachen:

I know you want responses from naturals and I am relaxed, but I was natural for 4-5 years, so I have some experience with this...

If you want to notice real thickness, I highly recommend a vitamin regimen, and lots of water. When I was natural, I thought that being chemical free would help my edges to fill in, but it never happened. When I would do cornrows or flat twists, I'd have to take an eyeliner pencil and color in hair on my scalp so that it looked thicker. I have never posted that here, but it's true.

Also pick some styles that you like that can last you for a week or so. Two-strand twists were my favorite. And then just style your hair once a week and maintain it with moisturizer and oil (as needed) during the week till the next wash.

Just take care of your body internally, and keep your hair well conditioned and trims (if your hair needs it, be mindful of this) and just baby your hair.

My edges did not fill in until this last year or two--after relaxing in 2005, mind you--due to a strict vitamin schedule. Biotin, flaxseed oil, etc. Google the "Bargello Regimen"; it's a good way to start off, and tailor it to what you need for your situation.

HTH :)

Back