Name Your All time Favorite-BACK IN THE DAY STYLE

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

There were some funky hairsytles back in the day, like remember the Tube Top Style, where you rolled up a tube top and put in on your head (edge) and wrapped your hair around it?? Maybe that is to waay back for some (70's) Raise your hand if you remember..

Or what about the infamous Fro with a bang like this one..

angela.jpg

<font color="red">Name your favorite style, post a pic if you can, if not we will visualize.....

Ahh, and who can forget Afro Puffs (actually I think they comin back)

puff2.jpg

NOW YOU KNOW YOU WORE FLOWERS IN YOUR HAIR, DO NOT LIE AND SAY YOU DID'NT...LOL

puff3.jpg

This is not an old style, but I had to post him cause hE is KE-YUTE!!!!!!

keyute.jpg

Tha afro is my all-time favorite. Don't hate me because I'm beautiful!
pool.jpg

mjackson, where do you get these fotos of jacko?? are they really photos of the real jacko?

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

They are definately photos of the real MJ. The 1st picture was when he was a teenager. The second was around the time of his album "Bad", I think. They were taken at his best times, before all the surgery and bleaching got out of control. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

My favorite style from back in the day was fingerwaves going straight back and then lifted up, and the back was hanging down in the back and the ends were "bumped". LOL! I had that style for my Junior ring dance, looking back I looked like a triceratops (sp??) !!!

Please don't laugh! I use to love wearing my hair like this(Donna Summer) and hanging out 'happy hour' till around 4 am at a club in NW Washington DC called Tiffany's(lol)...
donna_summer.jpg

I'm gonna take ya'll back even further: Remember the one continuous cornrow that circled around your head and ended with a rolled-up bun at the top? That was the first style I learned how to cornrow and I braided the heads of all the girls on my street that way! We must have looked like aliens! /images/graemlins/grin.gif God I wish I had pictures of that.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Mindymouse said:
Oh, my goodness Michael Jackson, when he was Normal..

What happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

STOP it. You have me laughing in this office /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Oh, Carmela, girrrl, I had the hardest time convicing my mom that Finger Waves was out, she was'nt having it though...LOL

She was like "I gotta find somebody to give some waves", we were like uhh, no ma.. LOL /images/graemlins/nuts.gif

Sweetcoca, did you sing too girl?? You go. /images/graemlins/antlers.gif

Robin, oh my goodness, yes, I remember all that Parting, round and round..

um, um, um.

Robin41 said:
I'm gonna take ya'll back even further: Remember the one continuous cornrow that circled around your head and ended with a rolled-up bun at the top? That was the first style I learned how to cornrow and I braided the heads of all the girls on my street that way! We must have looked like aliens! /images/graemlins/grin.gif God I wish I had pictures of that.

[/ QUOTE ]

that was my hairstyle. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mindymouse said:
Ahh, and who can forget Afro Puffs (actually I think they comin back)

puff2.jpg

NOW YOU KNOW YOU WORE FLOWERS IN YOUR HAIR, DO NOT LIE AND SAY YOU DID'NT...LOL

puff3.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

I never had that much hair /images/graemlins/frown.gif but i loved watching my sisters wear these doo's

Michael Jackson is still normal.

My back in the day style was the old beehive. I didn't ever like cornrows but had to live with them as a child.

THIS ONE IS FREAKY GUYS.. I thought it was called A "Beehive" not a spider hive...

Carey, 1971]
When I was fifteen or sixteen years old, bouffant hair styles were very much the rage. It was almost as if it were a contest to see which girl could rat her hair the highest and pour the most spray on it. One day I went to the beauty shop to have my hair done. My hairdresser told me this story, and she swore that it really happened to a friend of her niece's.

There was this girl who had ratted her hair so high, and put so much hair spray on it, that she never took it down and combed it out or washed it. One day a spider fell into her hair. When the baby black widow spiders hatched, they bit her scalp and she died.

TRUE STORY...

hairdo.jpg

SCARY..

winner1.jpg

LondonDiva said:
STOP it. You have me laughing in this office /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I'll leave him alone.. /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

I would have to say the "Flip" Hair parted on one side and sponge rolled going up. This style looked even better when you had layers cut in. I rocked this all the way through middle school. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

And also the mushroom with no parts. Kinda opposite the flip, but much neater. Yall remember? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Asymmetrical bob in the house!!! Having your hair go from 1 side short to the other side long.

[/ QUOTE ] I had that hairstyle. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I think the style I loved were waves. I had every kind you can name, finger waves, push waves, lift waves, etc. I don't want to wear them now, because I see no one else with them. Also, the french roll was the bomb, but I don't see people with them anymore, although it has not gone out of style, in my opinion. I may get one today!

ArmyQT I had the mushroom and the layers and flip up on the sides too. I also rocked the overall all layer look with it long! Talk about BIG hair!
I KNOW u all remember the style where the middle was cut all out in layers short, the top was longer in layers and at the bottom you had hair all the same length the straight "shag" in the back!
I use to fingerwave (not the CRUSTYwaves though) the front and rod the back! Everyone loved it and it lasted at least 1 or 2 weeks!!!! I need some more rods! LOL! /images/graemlins/wink.gif
And rememer rat tails........ LOL

sassygirl125 said:
My mullet

This is me in 1989 sporting my favorite style--the black girl mullet! Check out that pink and yellow outfit! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

GIRL, You just know you was the Bomb!!! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Back