So many things;

LUST
Aubrey GPB
Avocado Oil
Hot Six Oil
S Curl Activator
Suave Coconut Conditioner
Loreal Smooth Intense serum
Loreal Natures Therapy Hot Oil Treatment (haven't even tried it yet)
Distilled Water
MSM, Solgar B5, PP Biotin
Suave Humuctress conditioner
Wide Tooth Comb
Elucence Shampoo
Elucence Conditioner
Nioxin Follicle Booster
Salerm 21
Hi Pro Pac Protein conditioner (not used)

There are others but they were things that didn't work so well so I gave them away.

Re: Name Things You Bought Only Because of this Board

this is a great thread, i can't believe my list. (i have been lurking since the end of october/beginning november but i joined in february when access to the other boards were only offered to members) and I bought these products:

Aubrey GPB-liked it

Elucence Shampoo and Conditioner-didn't do anything for my hair (tangled mess) but i gave it away to a friend and she liked it

Mizani Moisturefuse (newer version)-hated it

Hot Six Oil-still new to this

Biotin-after taking it for 6 months, when i upped the dosage my face broke out, so i stopped taking biotin altogether

GNC ultranourishair-cool, but it didn't have iron, so i no longer use it.

Flaxseed Oil-love it

Evening Primrose Oil-ok, but i was getting great results with flaxseed alone.

Kiehl's Silk Groom- first i got the sample, but it didn't have the ingredients listed. i bought the bottle and found out that it contained an immense amount of alcohol. so i'm scared of this product now.

Aubrey Organics 100% Jojoba Oil-like it. i use it for hot oil treatments.
seamless comb-its alright
Whew, that's over with. i have a regimen already, i just bought these products to see if i would like them and to add some variation.

GNC's Nourishair
GNC's Pantothenic Acid
Shower Comb
All my Aphogee Products
Nexxus Humectress and Therappe
Clarifying Shampoo (thought regular shampoo would do the trick)
Hot Six Oil (I still like my Proclaim better but this is good too)
Boar Bristle Brush
Profective Healthy Ends
Distilled Water (Still haven't used yet lol is there a point when I should throw it away lol?)

Distilled Water (I prefer to drink it tho)
Wide Tooth Comb
Cremé of Nature Shampoo

Re: Name Things You Bought Only Because of this B

*Kenra shampoo and conditioner
*Joico K-Pak
*Shampooing hair in the shower
*Clarifying shampoos
*Weekly deep conditioning treatments
*Applying a moisturizing conditioning treatment following a protein conditioning treatment

*Hot oil treatments
*Natural hair care products, like Hairobics
*Organic Root Stimulator Jojoba Oil
*Organic Root Stimulator Hair Mayonnaise
*Pantene Pro-V Relaxed and Natural products
*Cream of Nature Shampoo

northernbelle

coconut oil
castor oil
VO5 conditioners
spray moisturizers (Elasta, Worlds of Curls, etc.)
ouchless bands
Good Hair Day pins
PP biotin
silica
msm
b-5
hennalucent

Hennalucent
Shower comb
L'anza dry hair set
WGO
gylcercine
jojoba oil
rosemary oil
Le Kair condit.
aloe vera gel

I think that's it for now.

T&T Bronze
ACV
Olive Oil
Humectress (re-bought it that is)
ORS Jojoba Oil Pomade
plastic hair pins
satin pillowcases
Real Jojoba Oil
Wide Tooth Seamless Combs
Drawstring ponytail
Curl Activator

oh yeah...now i remember:(part 2)
Cream of Nature shampoo
Wildgrowth oil
Biotin
Mango Butter
aloe vera gel
r&n pantene
s&s pantene
pantene clarifying shampoo
olive oil
jason's natural
thermasilk leave in
jilbere ceramic iron

my list isn't that long

-L'Oreal Nature's therapy leave-in protection creme
-Kemi Oyl shea butter
-Mango Butter
-Olive oil
-Suave conditioner
-Vo5 strawberries and cream
lick.gif

To those who put Mango Butter, do you mean Elasta QP Mango Butter, or real mango butter?

Aphogee treatment for damaged hair
Aphogee balancing mosturizer
Cream of nature shampoo
Jilbere ceramic iron
VO5 conditioners
Queen Helene conditioner
Organic Root Stimulator Hair Mayonnaise
Shower Comb
Got2B serum
L’Oreal Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture Nurturing Crème
L’Oreal Nature’s Therapy Unfrizz Smoothing Treatment
Satin Bonnet

Oh yes I forgot I bought and tried LUST. I can't say if I noticed anything since I tried the henna. Hopefully the second try would be better.

A satin scarf (but, I tend to use my silk one most)
ginseng reconstructor
aloe vera gel
primrose oil
revlon's serum
evoo
cocoa nut oil
biotin
b-complex

On payday I'll be getting:

MSM
GNC's multivitamin (was taking one from vitamin world)

Aphogee Treatment and Balancing Moisturizer
Motions CPR
A seamless comb from tenderheaded.com

[ QUOTE ]
soulchild said:
To those who put Mango Butter, do you mean Elasta QP Mango Butter, or real mango butter?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mines was Elasta Qp.

And BOy, did I forget Distilled water and lots of it..

i went out and bought those steam rollers and nacidit condition. those are the only 2 products that stand out right now. berta

Aphogee Damaged Hair Shampoo
Motions Moisture Plus Conditioner (I already had CPR)
Hollywood Beauty Olive Oil
Elasta QP Recovery Oil Moisturizer

I will be buying:
LUST-I gotta see what the big deal is
smile.gif

Aubrey GPB
Loreal Smooth Intense Serum
Elasta QP Mango Butter Moisturizer
Lanza products
heating cap (used own one a long time ago-I dont know what happened to it)

I could go on & on
smile.gif

For me it is: Hennalucent, Jojoba oil, GPB aubrey organics, rosemary ess oil, and last one: l'oreal smooth intense serum.
Zanna

soulchild said:

I meant Elasta QP Mango Butter

Re: Name Things You Bought Only Because of this Bo

I purchased my first bottle of Aubrey Organics GPB.

I was inspired by a recent post of the product, but was REALLY inspired by Allandra.

Will use for the first time on Sunday, 28 September.

northernbelle

Things I've bought because of recommendations on this board, but don't plan to repurchase:

QP Elasta Mango Butter (When I first smelled it in the store, I thought it had too strong a scent, but I continued to read posts praising it so I convinced myself to give it a try . . . but alas I just kept smelling it and realized I couldn't use it . . . gave it to a co-worker).

Phyto 9 (have used it on my dry hair and found it to be okay . . . but don't plan to buy again at $22 a very tiny tube
ohwell.gif
).

S Curl (haven't used b/c soon after purchase subsequently read posts that warned of breakage (
shocked.gif
) and sticky film from use of this product).

MSM (started itching everywhere after using this supplement; ceased taking it and the itching subsided; already had been taking a multi and biotin before discovering this board and will stick with those).

Other things I've bought because of recommendations on this board and plan to stick with:

Nexxus Keraphix/Humectress/Headress (even though I used Keraphix and Humectress a long, long time ago, reading posts here reminded me how much I liked them and convinced me to reincorporate them (and introduce Headress) into my weekly regimen).

Jojoba Oil (I add this to my conditioners).

L'Oreal Vive Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum (used it for first time today on dry hair after roller set and am very happy with it
clap.gif
. . . love the scent and the feel of my hair after it goes on. . . current plan is to use it daily to seal in the moisture after a spritz of Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Moisture Mist . . . well, that's the plan for now at least).

Satin pillowcase (even though I sleep in a satin bonnet, it would be nice to sleep with nothing on my head sometimes
sleeping.gif
. . . thus the satin pillowcase).

Seamless comb.

Silk scrunchies (had no idea the cotton scrunchies were bad for my hair!!! I always had them loosely in my hair, but now I'm paranoid that that still could have been damaging
cry3.gif
).

I think that's it . . . .

Oh, here are items that I'm dying to try, but really don't have room in my regimen for:

Aubrey Organics GPB (I already have 2 other conditioners, but I'm attracted to the all natural ingredients in this product and the rave reviews).

Biolage Daily Leave-In Tonic (I already have a leave-in and I’d like to stick to the same product line for my shampoo/conditioner . . . but again the rave reviews are convincing me I need to try this . . . now if anyone uses this as a daily moisturizer, let me know how that is working out. I really want an excuse to use this product
smile.gif
. It smells really nice too. I wonder if it would have the same effect on my hair as Paul Mitchell’s Moisture Mist, which by the way I find chemically similar to Cathy Howse’s Dew, except the Moisture Mist has a more pleasant scent than the Dew (which I think smells like cough syrup) (okay, so I really have this thing for scents . . . perhaps
nuts.gif
).

Anyway, that’s it for now.

thank you for your post. I am new to the board. I am trying to weed through what's good, recommended etc..based on experience. I think in part it is complex for me to dechiper b/c we vary in hair types,styles and preferences. I for instance, I color my hair but do not use chemicals to straighten it. I typically have it flat ironed or have it pressed. I do not find many who straighen their hair in this manner.

Many on this board speak about taking MSM,what exactly is that? I can certainly tell that it is a supplement, but it is recommended to Black women for achieving healthy hair? Who is the manufactuer? I ask about it because so many on this board speak about it. I do have healthy hair (hair stylists tell me this) but haven't been able to achieve length. It is why I was attracted to this sight as well as Cathy Howse's.

But I appreciated your post, as you answered not only what you bought and what you wouldn't again (including the msm vitamins!!) I appreciated that.

I would like to ask however, how you liked Cathy Howse's products? Did you read her book? I must say, I am intrigued by her research and the results she has managed to achive with her own hair. I also appreciate the fact that a AA female has made it her mission to discover a way for Black females to achieve length.

I am currently using a variety of products but wish to find the right oil/moisturizer for my ends.

Did you purchase pure jojoba oil? if so, please tell my where I can find it. I typically can only find it mixed with other ingredients.

Kiehl's Creme with Silk Groom
Biotin
L-Cysteine
MSM
Creme of Nature Shampoo
LUST
Sally's Style Builder
Fantasia's Tea Tree Conditioner
Profectiv line
Aphogee 2min keratin reconstructor
Oil-water spray

In other words practically my whole arsenal now is LHCF-inspired.

Hi myrahjay -

MSM stands for Methylsulfonylmethane, which is a naturally-ocurring organic sulfur credited with relieving arthritic pain and stimulating hair, skin and nail growth. Many on this site have reported a softening of their new growth as a result of use of this supplement. I was using a low dose which I bought from my local health food store, but you can get it from GNC, other health stores, online, etc. There are several brands and various compositions - by the latter I mean, you can find MSM in powder form, gel form, etc. Also you may find it mixed with other vitamins/minerals or herbs (mine was in a capsule with some herbs).

With respect to Cathy Howse's products, I have the conditioner and the Dew. I haven't used the conditioner yet; the Dew I have tired, but am not using now b/c of the scent. I've found Paul Mitchell's Awapuhi Moisture Mist to have a more subtle, pleasant scent and think the two are similar enough in chemical composition such that I'd be okay with the latter. I also haven't read Cathy's book, but it was her website and the hundreds of Q&As on there which I ran across a couple of months ago and found extremely informative, which really sparked my interest in taking a serious interest in my hair care and eventually led me to this board. I'm finding this board to be the most useful educational resource when it comes to products, hair care, etc. It's also rather addictive. I'm loving the newfound "obsession" with my hair.

By the way, I have ordered Cathy Howse's new creme moisturizer for those days when I need a little more moisture/oil than the Paul Mitchell product provides. It's fragrance free so I'm sure I'll have no problem with it (crossing fingers that it's not too heavy, greasy, etc.).

Biotin(didnt work)
Jason Sea kelp conditioner(like this)
Le Kair Cholesterol(love this )
Shower Comb(want to marry this!!)

Back