Name a product that you noticed stopped/reduced breakage immediately!

tatambabyy

I recently did a hard protein treatment. Afterwards I DC with ORS pak and my hair was doing fine. Now today I wash my hair and it's all rough and started breaking. I did a co-wash with aussie moist, 2 min keratin reconstructor, then dc with silicone mix for an hour(no heat). I noticed less breakage, but it was still a little rough.
I'm looking for a product to reduce breakage. I was thinking mizani rose h20 night time treatment. Any suggestions are appreciated.
thanks!

Do you think maybe you should try using a moisturizing conditioner for a little while. I know my hair would act out if i used a hard core protein one wash adn then the next wash used a mid level.

Toque Magico Emergencia. It's a good mixture of both moisture and protein. I like to mix it w/Silicon Mix as well.

Seriously? Mayonnaise! Good 'ol Best Foods/Hellman's. Following by even a cheap moisturizer like a Humectressw knock-off.

I think you need moisture too. I don't think you need to clarify unless you are feeling alot of residue. I like Pantene R and N mask.

To answer the original question when I first started my journey Aphogee Keratin really got me through some hard times.

Please don't put any more protein on your hair til you get it back to normal. Moisture only!

YES YES YES! Lay off the protein for a minute. Too much will cause your hair to be brittle and break as well. I know because this fly asymetrical bob I'm rocking right now is because I went overboard and my hair was breaking BADLY.

Concentrate on moisturizing right now. Also, remember, what works for some may not for others. Some people on this board can keep protein in their regular rotation with success, while people like myself have hair that can't. I have to apply it when my hair "asks for it".

Thank you sooo much ladies. Since I just did a cowash and DC yesterday,should I wait a few days? I think Im gonna use some kera care humecto. I heard this was very moisturizing. I thought ORS was moisturizing also. But I found out it is light protein. Once again, THANKS!

Thank you sooo much ladies. Since I just did a cowash and DC yesterday,should I wait a few days? I think Im gonna use some kera care humecto. I heard this was very moisturizing. I thought ORS was moisturizing also. But I found out it is light protein. Once again, THANKS!

Yes, I think you should give your hair a rest for a minute... if for no other reason, because of the constant manipulation through washings and combings. Also, try searching the threads for a list of products that do contain light, medium and heavy proteins. This was one thing that led to my breakage because I thought that the conditioner I was using was a moisturizing one. Although it did moisturized it was purposed to be a light protein conditioner. I was wearing it OUT!

Yes, I think you should give your hair a rest for a minute... if for no other reason, because of the constant manipulation through washings and combings. Also, try searching the threads for a list of products that do contain light, medium and heavy proteins. This was one thing that led to my breakage because I thought that the conditioner I was using was a moisturizing one. Although it did moisturized it was purposed to be a light protein conditioner. I was wearing it OUT!

thanks pmichael! Now I know where I messed up at. Hopefully I'll get my hair back on track. I'll be sure to give aphogee a rest for now:yep:

Yes miss lady slow down and take a breath!!! lol!! You can try clarifying/chelating on your next wash, I do this once a month as I co wash daily... I agree on the aphogee and nexxus emergencee after you get your mositure balance back up... Remember keeping it simple and with little manipulation you will see results.... Also on the emergencee, I let mine dry hard on my hair like aphogee..... Good luck

Toque Magico Emergencia. It's a good mixture of both moisture and protein. I like to mix it w/Silicon Mix as well.

I bought two huge tubs of that stuff. It's good but the look of it...makes me wanna upchuck. So, you don't think I should use a moisturizing conditioner after that one? I'm out of Silicon Mix now but have one without any protein in it at all. Aphogee is good but I'm finding my hair breaking in long strands now, post 8 weeks treatment.

Back