My Yarn Braids

.:Eden:.

It seems like everyone is getting bit by the yarn braid bug. Here are mine, I did these myself which took me a whole week to do. I was inspired by BlackOnyx77, and I used the same yarn as in her video. The braids come to about APL. I love the outcome! I plan to keep this in for 6 weeks, give my hair a 2 week rest, then do another protective style.

I'm going to spray my hair with my AOHSR, water, and coconut oil spritz and oil my scalp with coconut oil every day. I will also apply MT to my scalp every other day. I'm not sure if I'm going to cowash and dc every week, and I will redo the edges as I see fit.

Attachments

• IMG_1148.jpg
    IMG_1148.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1151.jpg
    IMG_1151.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1156.jpg
    IMG_1156.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1160.jpg
    IMG_1160.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Dang Girl, No wonder they took a whole week! That's alot! That's why I do mine bigger which takes me about 9 hours to do! I have yarn braids too and they are so much easier to do than the conventional extensions as well as economical! But yours do look good that's for sure!:yep:

Last edited:
Dang Girl, No wonder they took a whole week! That's alot! That's why I do mine bigger which takes me about 9 hours to do! I have yarn braids too and they are so much easier to do than the convention extensions as well as economical! But yours do look good that's for sure!:yep:

Thank you!!!! I considered doing them bigger, but I don't like the scalpy look.

wow, impressive.
when I am gonna learn to do my own braids? ugh I always have to rely on my cousin and she is always working or in school!
I really like the yarn braids though. Never had them before but now you got me thinking about it!

Thank you!!!! I considered doing them bigger, but I don't like the scalpy look.

Yeah, and you are absolutely right about the scalp look, that's the only draw back when making them bigger! But I just don't have the patience to not only put them in so small but taking them out as well! My hair mattes fast only after a month and it does take me a long time to unmatte! But that's ok yr's do look a lot better than mine but I'm ok with that too! I'm not mad at cha! I give you kudos, you deserve it!:yep:

It seems like everyone is getting bit by the yarn braid bug. Here are mine, I did these myself which took me a whole week to do. I was inspired by BlackOnyx77, and I used the same yarn as in her video. The braids come to about APL. I love the outcome! I plan to keep this in for 6 weeks, give my hair a 2 week rest, then do another protective style.

I'm going to spray my hair with my AOHSR, water, and coconut oil spritz and oil my scalp with coconut oil every day. I will also apply MT to my scalp every other day. I'm not sure if I'm going to cowash and dc every week, and I will redo the edges as I see fit.

I was just taking notes last night watching her tutorial. I plan on installing my dd's hair this weekend. She wants all these crazy colors....:ohwell:

Oh Well!

I have yarn braids too and they are so much easier to do than the conventional extensions as well as economical! But yours do look good that's for sure!:yep:
OK thanks for that response because I'm wondering why you would choose yarn braids over the other options that I am just now finding out about (tree braids, crochet braids etc.). I was going to pay someone for the tree braids then I found out about the crochet or latch braids (I can probably do myself). The yarn braids do look nice (like locs). Seems like they might be drying though.

OK thanks for that response because I'm wondering why you would choose yarn braids over the other options that I am just now finding out about (tree braids, crochet braids etc.). I was going to pay someone for the tree braids then I found out about the crochet or latch braids (I can probably do myself). The yarn braids do look nice (like locs). Seems like they might be drying though.

They actually hold moisture very well. I'm not opposed to any other styles, this one was just economical.

Back