My updates......

bluediamond0829

Okay Ive been a member for a very very long time and can say i never could get it right with my hair. Its been a long time coming and very long road. I think i started off on the board with severly damaged hair as a self relaxer that still couldnt get it right, as you can see in a couple of my albums from years before and I wasnt happy with my hair so yes i went through the period of using, braids, weaves and wigs. And even sometimes the weaves werent right so I wasted alot of money, and also with products. Ive had short cuts twice since joining the board. Had one unsuccessful attempt of going natural. I'm still a PJ today(trying to find out whats right for my hair and control the PJ in me). But thru it all I successfully have been natural for a year and 10 months and I have grew out a short cut also.

So today I went and decided to try out getting a dominican blow out @ Sula's dominican Salon in Norcross, GA. Ive had Mizani thermasmooth done by our own Balisi which Ive been happy with, but I'm very happy with the Dominican Blowout because it gives my hair bounce and makes it look much fuller and also i have that turn your head swang---and i have fine hair so i love it :)!!

Thank you ladies for being a inspiration to me and for your input on different products!! Hopefully i can conquer the PJ in me. And retain some length and find a regimen that works for me.

I also have to just say that my hair being the length that it was was at one time only a dream or having my hair be this way was something I never thought I would achieve, but I have done it!! :)

http://public.fotki.com/bluediva0298/dominican-blow-out/1st-dominican-blowout/

Yes, it looks very light and bouncy. Looks healthy too! Keep up the good work and be glad that you didn't give up on your hair when you didn't think you could "get it right".

BB

Great progress! I just had my first visit to a dominican salon a couple of months ago! My hair felt like butta afterwards! I loved it!

I cant wait to get home and see the pictures, lol.. my job blocks FOTKI!!!
Congratulations, very inspiring story.

Thanks for sharing your story. Of course I love reading all of the successful hair stories but its also good to read about the difficulties some experience trying to get to the place where they are finally happy with their hair. LHCF is full of healthy, beautiful heads of hair & sometimes I forget that their road to get that beautiful hair wasn't a bed of roses. I now understand it was a lot of trial & error, so its great to read your thread to remind us, that are starting out, that it isn't easy, but if we stick with it, we too will finally reach a happy median.

Last edited:
Thank you ladies!! :)

Yes Finickyone you are right its not a easy road. Just like trying to lose weight is hard and not going to happen overnight the same with hair growth. I still have hurdles to face with getting a regimen and the products that work for me and getting rid of products that im not using. And basically im finding hardly any products is the best for my hair when im trying to wear it straight and plus with me being natural and having fine hair. So its a learning process because everyones body is made up differently and what may work for one person may not work for another.(Had to learn that the hard way with buying hair growth products).

Back