My Upart wig with Senghori shells hair (PICS)

belletropjolie

I recently got a upart made with Senghori relaxed texture. The hair matches my hair pretty well (relaxed) but I HATE the awful "hump" in the back.

I haven't worn it out yet becuase the hump in the back is annoying me. I have pretty full hair but what I do is two braids and pin the ends down.

Is the hump in the back as puffy as I think it is? Any suggestions on what I can do to keep it flat? TIA!

eta: please don't quote pics, thanks!

Last edited:
I don't think the hump is very noticeable, but I would probably feel self conscious, too. :) Have you tried using more braids for a flatter look? Perhaps 4 braids will smooth some of the bulk of your hair under the wig.

BUMP for help from the Wig Wearers!

I don't think the hump is very noticeable, but I would probably feel self conscious, too. :) Have you tried using more braids for a flatter look? Perhaps 4 braids will smooth some of the bulk of your hair under the wig.

BUMP for help from the Wig Wearers!

Thanks! I just did the 4 braids and you're right . It does look a less humpy a bit. I think I'm just nervous because I'm not as familiar with wigs as I am with weaves. The wig also came out a bit longer than I'd like, its almost waist length and I hate super long weaves. I'm going to keep it curled so its looks about BSL or MBL.

The other thing is that I go running pretty often so IDK if I really feel like redoing my braids every time I go running. To the wig meisters - do you guys run with wigs.

Thanks! I just did the 4 braids and you're right . It does look a less humpy a bit. I think I'm just nervous because I'm not as familiar with wigs as I am with weaves. The wig also came out a bit longer than I'd like, its almost waist length and I hate super long weaves. I'm going to keep it curled so its looks about BSL or MBL.

The other thing is that I go running pretty often so IDK if I really feel like redoing my braids every time I go running. To the wig meisters - do you guys run with wigs.

i have worked out in my wig before....but it's rare since i don't like getting the wig sweaty. normally i just put on a bandana or a hat and workout in that if i am going to be where people can see me.

i think the wig looks good on you. :yep:

The thickness of the hair camouflages the hump, but the hump is most likely your braids. You may want to do smaller ones. When I wear my uparts I have to do about 10-12 small braids and I sew them up so its as flat as an install. It's a tad bit time consuming, but it looks so much better. I still wash weekly but I only take them down every 2 weeks to give them a good wash.

My hair is thick also, and the only way I can get my hair to lay flat under a wig or sew-in is to
wear my hair braided into a beehive.

I didn't notice a hump in your pics (nice upart btw). I wear about 5-6 braids under my upart. I pull the end of each braid into the start of the next one. I see mine down so I have no choice but to wear it when I work out. I pull it into a bun and KIM.

it looks fine to me! I think once you start wearing it a bit you will get used to the way it looks on you.

Back