My tree braids are a HOT MESS

mamauv2

I'm soooo pissed. My braids really look awful. I paid too much to just take them out so I've been trying all day to find a look that doesn't look a mess. I want to go back the braider and whoop dat a$$. (sigh) I am really REALLY hot right now...:wallbash: I'm doing crown and glory, it's cold, I don't have too many options but to chalk it up to "well..you got GOT" I just had to vent...

Any pics? Maybe they don't look as bad as you think?!?
:nono: I am NOT posting pics...I'm to embarrassed...and yes, they do look that bad. You can see the cornrows...I have to do a lot of work INCLUDING WEAR A HEADBAND to cover them up. I have smoke coming out my ears as I type.

I'm soooo pissed. My braids really look awful. I paid too much to just take them out so I've been trying all day to find a look that doesn't look a mess. I want to go back the braider and whoop dat a$$. (sigh) I am really REALLY hot right now...:wallbash: I'm doing crown and glory, it's cold, I don't have too many options but to chalk it up to "well..you got GOT" I just had to vent...

Nawwwww Sis, You don't want to do that. If they look that awful, then I would remove them. Besides your natural hair looks FABULOUS!
348966543.jpg

Last edited:
Nawwwww Sis, You don't want to do that. If they look that awful, then I would remove them. Besides your natural hair looks FABULOUS!

Trust me I really REALLY want to but DH would probably kill me! I'm gonna try to hold out and play with them as much as I can. I'm doing crown and glory, I just spent 170 for them...I just want to :cry2: Aight, I'll stop whining!:sad:

Thanks at the bolded...that made my heart warm.

Sorry about that. Once I had expensive individual braids that were installed too tight and I took them suckas out within a week. Good luck.

Trust me I really REALLY want to but DH would probably kill me! I'm gonna try to hold out and play with them as much as I can. I'm doing crown and glory, I just spent 170 for them...I just want to :cry2: Aight, I'll stop whining!:sad:

Thanks at the bolded...that made my heart warm.

Girl I feel you on that. In October I got a sew in & DH paid for it so I had no choice but to keep it in for at least 2 months or he would've been hot!

I paid $140 w/the hair here. But I don't have individuals in my nape area. She charges $150 when you get a few rows of individuals in the nape.

I hope you can figure it out. I'm notorious for snatching weaves/braids out in less than 24 hours.

Why are you letting the stylist get away with this? I would go back to the stylist and have her fix it, you paid almost 200 for it, you deserve a better job than that IMO.

I started going back to stylists and complaining, and they fix it for free.

I am so sorry honey.

Did you see any pics of her work???? I ran away from some one who Allegedly knew what she was doing. When she finally sent the pics - I was grateful that I never went to her.
Cause I would have gone to JAIL :bat:

The cornrows are supposed to have the hair installed more thinly at the sides of the head, next to the ears. Are you sure they really look that bad? If so, I'm sorry. :sad:

Quick hood fix: Make some clip in extensions with wig clips and some weave tracks that look like a close match for the hair you used for the tree braids and clip them bad boys in! Hey, I tried. :look:

Been there, done that.....except I did not leave the so called tree braids in for more than an hour AND I got my money back. It was only $100 though not $170. Thankfully I had not bought my normal adorables spanish wavy human hair but BSS synthetic hair that was $10 or so per pack.

Dh stood over me while the braider took them out. Pics in my fotki. It was a hot ghetto mess!

For some reason many women, myself included, pay for crap service and "take the loss" but why should you take the loss. Get your money back.

I had them done again months later (different braider) and I took those out within the week. They just never looked like the photos I showed the braiders. That was $70 or so.

I am wearing a curly half wig right now (pics of Polly in fotki)....and debating taking out the combs and pinning it in. I had it in a ponytail all day but felt some tugging over the last hour....from the pony and probably the comb in front too.

Dont take it as a lost, go get ya money back. Tell her butt that you been trying to work with these braids for 'x' days and they just too ugly to work with.

Go back have them fixed or ask for a partial refund because you have to take them out. Don't charge it to the game. Unless you are dealing withsomeone that might cut you.

Go back have them fixed or ask for a partial refund because you have to take them out. Don't charge it to the game. Unless you are dealing withsomeone that might cut you.

LOL. But I agree. Sometimes braiders and hair dressers don't do better because no one ever complains. You stand to lose nothing if you go back (as long as you both behave maturely), but you just may walk away with a fix or some of your money back. Don't chalk it up to a lost if you don't have to.

Thanks for the replies ya'll. I am seriously considering calling her up and letting her know things are NOT good in my hood. 170 is a lot of money for a style I do not like, it's a lot for a style that I do, shooooot. I did see pictures and they looked hot, I guess I got got but ya'll pumped me up
:boxing: I'ma handle it and I'll let you know what happens. I DO know I will NOT be:arguing:. The customer is always right and in this situation...:nono: being right is not cool.

Back