my thin strands are now thick

I think it can happen, but it might be the protein thats creating the sense of thicker strands. For me Ive noticed that my hair is way more coarse than in the past.

My strands are thicker than normal when I blowdry and airdry, but my hair doesnt have the same sleekness. My hair doesnt get as straight as in the past when I flatiron. Also, when I blowdry the ends seem to be a little puffy. I havent had any breakage though and my ends good, but it a noticable difference.

I think this true. When I started using more protein my strands have diffently thickened. Some strands are so dark and 3x as thick as others.

i have still been uding my joico k pak reconstructor and i love it. i find my self using it every week and i think my hair is thanking me for it. yesterday i used the reconstructor and then deep conditioned with ORS replenishing pak and my hair was a litle hard around my temples so i have to give the temples a bit more moisture. but im going to continue to use joico weekly. but i pre poo with carols daughter black vanila smoothie for moisture.

Chebaby, was that you who DC'd with the Joico Intense hydrator with heat? I can't remember who told me they did. I just bought a hooded dryer last night and I want to try DCing with the hydrator after doing the recon to see if heat makes it work better for me.

I'm glad I saw this thread. I've been looking for a replacement to my Nexuss Emergencee Reconstructor. My favorite store and online shops are all out of stock. It doesn't look like they're going to re-stock either (weird). I used the Aphogee 2 minute Reconstructor last week during a corrective texlax and I liked the Nexuss better. I just ordered the Joico K-Pak Reconstructor. Thanks to every one who posted about how great it works.

I'm so thankful for this thread. Thanks OP! And thank you all for your reviews. I'm a fine 4a natural and I just heard about Joico K-Pak by another fine haired natural, KLomax, with gorgeous MBL hair. I've decided to borrow her reggie. Every other week she does a henna/indigo, and every week she cowashes with 1 T baking soda mixed with 8oz suave humecto conditioner, uses the Joico Deep Penetrating Reconstructor and DCs with the joico intense hydrator. I bought the Joico DPR but decided to buy the Joico moisture recovery shampoo and conditioner because I found such a good buy on them ($25 for both; each 33.8 oz in size).

Here's a link to the post where Klomax was kind enough to share her reggie

This may be a silly question, but I've grown to love adding all kinds of good "stuff" to my conditioner. I like to add amla oil, vatika oil, honey, glycerine, molasses; whatever strikes my fancy, really, when it comes to my DC. Do you think adding these things to my Joico moisture recovery conditioner with heat would make it more intense? Or would it possibly hinder the "Joico technology"? Ah... I, too, have been brainwashed. :spinning: heh...

Great thread! Can someone please provide a Joico regimen for someone who has never used the line and has no Joico products. Please list all products one should get. I am natural around 3cish and straighten weekly / bi weekly.

Thanks!

Hmmm... interesting.

I have fine strands too but haven't noticed any thicker strands after using reconstructors.

I have noticed a thickness (not sure if it's the individual strands or my hair as a whole, if that makes sense) in my hair:
1. Using Tresseme clarifying shampoo (don't use anymore, this was over a year ago, this was temporary though)
2. Using Henna - my hair just feels heavier right after and until my next couple of washes.
3. Currently - I have no idea what the reason is now, my hair feels thicker and heavier and I noticed this within the past 3 weeks, really weird. Only change is I cowash 3 times a week and use Aphogee 2 min reconstructor as a cowash con 1ce a week or week and a half. I also henna glossed 1.5 weeks ago.
I am not sure if these have anything to do with it but I'm loving my hair, not complaining :-)

Good luck with the Joico ladies :-)

Great thread! Can someone please provide a Joico regimen for someone who has never used the line and has no Joico products. Please list all products one should get. I am natural around 3cish and straighten weekly / bi weekly.

Thanks!

You would probably like the joico kpak daily conditioner. It has a little protein in it but also gives your hair enough moisture to help it stay soft. The kpak shampoo is one of my favorites and I also like the moisture recovery shampoo. The kpak line has a nice serum that is nice when straightening as well. See if your local Ulta has the kpak set for you to try out.

You would probably like the joico kpak daily conditioner. It has a little protein in it but also gives your hair enough moisture to help it stay soft. The kpak shampoo is one of my favorites and I also like the moisture recovery shampoo. The kpak line has a nice serum that is nice when straightening as well. See if your local Ulta has the kpak set for you to try out.

Thanks! My hair is actually too soft, and doesn't seem to like moisture products if you can believe that. I find protein keeps it looking sleek, straight, & shiny.

Do you or anyone else have a recommendation for something that will make it not so soft???

Thanks! My hair is actually too soft, and doesn't seem to like moisture products if you can believe that. I find protein keeps it looking sleek, straight, & shiny.

Do you or anyone else have a recommendation for something that will make it not so soft???

Our hair is actually a lot alike. Fine hair gets over moisturizied frequently. Don't use the moisture recovery, instead get the kpak line (shampoo, conditioner, reconstructor) and you can also take a go with the silk essentials line. You can alternate between the daily kpak and the reconstructor.

Our hair is actually a lot alike. Fine hair gets over moisturizied frequently. Don't use the moisture recovery, instead get the kpak line (shampoo, conditioner, reconstructor) and you can also take a go with the silk essentials line. You can alternate between the daily kpak and the reconstructor.

Thanks so much!!! Off to order!

Ok....I thought I was crazy. I have officially used the Joico KPak daily conditioner 2 times, and my hair is thicker. It is like my individual strands are plumped up. The funny thing is I did not know this would happen, I bought the Kpac daily conditioner because I was looking for a replacement to the Aphogee 2 min, because I have been trying to avoid mineral oil. I have used Aphogee 2 min for a year now, and never noticed thicker hair. I am guessing it is the human hair keratin in this product, I am so pleasantly pleased.

Ok....I thought I was crazy. I have officially used the Joico KPak daily conditioner 2 times, and my hair is thicker. It is like my individual strands are plumped up. The funny thing is I did not know this would happen, I bought the Kpac daily conditioner because I was looking for a replacement to the Aphogee 2 min, because I have been trying to avoid mineral oil. I have used Aphogee 2 min for a year now, and never noticed thicker hair. I am guessing it is the human hair keratin in this product, I am so pleasantly pleased.
:ot:

Girl where you been!! :bighug:

Back