My stylist overlaps my relaxers, should I tell her to stop?

ritzbitz78

I have gone to this old school stylist since like 4th grade (except when we moved for Michigan for 5 years) And my she has always overlaps as I questioned her yesterday when she did my hair. I never knew to ask before LHCF. I watched her and she worked the relaxer through the length of my hair during the end of the relaxer time before washing out. (She uses Dudley relaxer) My hair has never broken mid shaft or anything, I always had breakage on my ends....

But now that I am rollersetting, and moisturizing my ends (moisture since LHCF) my ends are doing a little better

Do you think the overlapping of the relaxer could be what causes my ends to be popping off?

I haven't had a trim in over a year either...

Tell me your thoughts

Yes! I would bring it up and ask her not to do that. There is no reason to put relaxer on hair that has been previously relaxed ( unless its a corrective realxer or something like that)

Of course you have to tell her. It is your hair. Always remember that. We as black women have to learn to speak when it comes to the care of our hair. Any salon I go to, I have problems and I always make my feelings known. A stylist and I got into once because she was rollersetting my hair and pulling this fine teeth comb from root to tip. If you only saw how much hair this woman pulled out and she did not stop what she was doing. After she and I continually arguing and my hair was done. I paid her for her services and left. NO TIP!!!!!!

My old stylist overlaps something serious, too. I found another stylist who didnt do it so bad.

Thankyou ALL for replying,

I would think my hair would be stronger the less its processed

She is hard headed and does things her way, I may have to venture out and find someone else to relax my hair the right way.

ritzbitz78 said:
Thankyou ALL for replying,

I would think my hair would be stronger the less its processed

She is hard headed and does things her way, I may have to venture out and find someone else to relax my hair the right way.
Thats how my stylist was too. Well, like they say, you cant teach an old dog new tricks, and thats why I found a new stylist.

I would tell her to stop, being that she is a stylist she should know better but if she can't stop then it's time for you to hit the road jack and don't you go back no more, no more, no more, no more....HIT THE ROAD GIRL:lachen:

ritzbitz78 said:

I think that would be best, or perhaps start doing your touch-ups yourself.
:yep:

Ritzbitz, please tell her to stop. My stylist (when I used to go to one) did this and I lost so much hair. At first I didn't know she was doing it but one day I watched her, and I couldn't believe it! Please stop her before anymore damage is done. Lastly, she should be ashamed of herself, they know better!

Back