My stretched hair holds moisture better. Anyone else?

SelahOco

I'm not sure exactly why, but it seems like my stretched hair feels softer and more moisturized than when I air dry my hair in twists.

I was about to go to the movies and I'd just washed my hair, so I quickly deman brushed it into a pony tail w/ no product.

The next day my hair was dry, so I put some Karen's hair milk on it in small sections, brushed thru it and twisted.

My hair has not been so soft and moisturized since I started wearing my 4-something hair out. It's just SO soft. My twists don't look as good as they do when I do them on wet hair, but I don't seem to have any new single strand knots and I'm enjoying the moisture.

Same products...different result. Anyone else understand or experience this?

not sure if my opinion counts, since i'm not fully natural, but only about 8 months into my transition, but i have found this to be true for me. when i airdry, my newgrowth is very dry and wont hold moisture no matter what i apply to it when i let it dry in twist or "out". but when i use the same products and let it dry in a ponytail, i dont get the same hard crunchy newgrowth. same with when i blow dry my hair straight, it seems much more moisturized. i dont think i'll be air drying in twists anymore.

same here..stretched hair takes away all my problems from excess tangling,major shrinkage,excess knots and manageability

Back