My spray bottle tricked me.............

mrsjohnson75

I decided to spray some infusium 23 on my hair then seal with an oil. I really didn't want to do it because in the past the infusium made my hair kind of hard/crunchy but I ran out of my beloved scurl. So I did it and my hair was so soft and bouncy the next day (I did bantu knots). I was sooo surprised and decided to try it again, the next day same results so I thought, dang the Infusium is working so good on my hair now....guess what.... I was using the wrong spray bottle the whole time.....it wasn't
the infusium bottle it was the bottle filled with WATER!!! :lachen:

How in the world did water make my hair so soft and bouncy?? I can't believe it. Has any once else discovered that plain water followed by an oil make your hair soft??? I'm going to start spritzing water along with a little scurl (just for added moisture) to my hair from now on. Just thought I'd share :drunk:!

:lachen::lachen:Who woulda thunk?

That's all I use for a leave-in! Most leave-ins do my hair no justice, but good ol water and oil does the trick! I'm also going to do the Scurl and water thing with a little oil for now on. Sometimes less is more!

Thats funny cause water worked for me too. I really like it compared to moisturizers and leave ins. As for the saline solution I think contacts are made to stay moist by tears which have salt in them and nasal passages have salt in them so saline keeps the body and eyes moist because plain water would dry out because these places. However I am clearly not a scientist so this is just me trying to rationilize it all:rolleyes:.

Water is a great moisturizer! I have done water and sealed with oil before however after a day or two my hair needs more....Glad you found yet another thing that is free, so to speak, that works for you!

I recently discoverd the same thing. Now, when detangling, I use a plain ol' water then seal with oil, and it works just as good as anything else I've use, and I don't have to worry about the build up!

Oh yeah...water is definitely an every-day staple in my hair routine. I have a large spray bottle of it and will spray around 2 times a day..depending on how dry or hot it is....and I also have a bottle at the gym. After I put my hair in a bun or style it...I will spray(sometimes saturate) my hair with water...and then sometimes spray a leave-in conditioner afterwards.

Hey ladies, what oils are you using to seal, and are your naturals/relaxed (hair type included)

TIA

Crissi, x

P.S - sorry 4 hijacking the thread!

The exact same thing happened to me, I need to start labeling my bottles... like seriously.

In my opinion have u tried using an leave in w/ no protein.The reason is Infusium contains protien in it....and protien hardens the hair on purpose....i try always to use a leave in that contains no protien...i like hairaboctics leave in it is packed w/ good benefical ingredients :yep:...i only use protein when i deep con or when I prepoo....if the leave in does have protien in it try to see if it is closer to the last ingredients...then it wont be that bad as far as the hardness of he hair goes...all my daily products does not contain protien....but that jus for me ...some woman may need it to balance out their hair...

HTH
Ult.Goal: WL( thick and happy!!)

I decided to spray some infusium 23 on my hair then seal with an oil. I really didn't want to do it because in the past the infusium made my hair kind of hard/crunchy but I ran out of my beloved scurl. So I did it and my hair was so soft and bouncy the next day (I did bantu knots). I was sooo surprised and decided to try it again, the next day same results so I thought, dang the Infusium is working so good on my hair now....guess what.... I was using the wrong spray bottle the whole time.....it wasn't
the infusium bottle it was the bottle filled with WATER!!! :lachen:

How in the world did water make my hair so soft and bouncy?? I can't believe it. Has any once else discovered that plain water followed by an oil make your hair soft??? I'm going to start spritzing water along with a little scurl (just for added moisture) to my hair from now on. Just thought I'd share :drunk:!

Back