My soft bonnet hair dryer bonnet is 'broken'!

Justice4alw

I'm so completely and totally outdone. I have a Lady Carel soft bonnet hair dryer which I love, but after only three uses the bonnet has completely separated at the seam around the perimeter that holds the elastic in place.

Have any of you had this problem? If so, how were you able to repair it? I'm thinking some kind of adhesive would do the trick, but it would have to be heat proof and water proof.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I would purchase a vintage bonnet hair dryer on ebay. I have one in a crocodile case and love it. This dryer is probably 40 years old but I have to say it works better than the newer models.

I would purchase a vintage bonnet hair dryer on ebay. I have one in a crocodile case and love it. This dryer is probably 40 years old but I have to say it works better than the newer models.

I have two vintage hair dryers and those things are no joke...they work excellent...I have read so many reviews about how that Carel dryer falls apart shortly after you start using it.

Girl that happen to me to I just thought it was me I also used it only 3x and the plastic on the hose started melting. I thought maybe b/c it was an American product and I was in Egypt the voltage was to high but I guess I was wrong.:sad:

I have a Gold n Hot soft bonnet. It worked great for about 3 years but now there's no heat blowing through the front holes. Needless to say, my hair is dry in back and wet in front after an hour! :wallbash:

I used to have a vintage soft bonnet that I purchased at a thrift store. It worked sooooo good! :yep: Eventually the tube dryrotted and it couldn't be replaced. I just saw another vintage one the other day in a thrift shop. I should've scooped it up! :ohwell:

carel is crap, the same thing happened to me after abut 3-4 uses! Some folks use duct tape to repair it. Now I have the one with that red and black and it's good so far.

The same thing happened with my Gold and Hot. I tried duct tape, but it didn't last through all that extended heat. I saw the thread for Pibbs and I purchased, not yet received though, a Pibbs. Best move I could've made, so glad I did.

Suzy I just bought something similar off Ebay. What WATTAGE should one look for when buying a vintage soft bonnet??

Sorry it took me so long to get back here. Thanks for all of the input!

One thing that I've learned from all this is -- NO MORE CAREL DRYERS FOR ME! This is an absolutely ridiculous situation.

I've decided that I'm going to bootleg a repair with the duct tape until I can find an alternative. That soft bonnet replacement that destiny posted looks like it may do the trick as an intermediate solution, and I'm going to look into the vintage dryers that you all mentioned.

Thanks again!

Back