My signature was jacked

No warning, no email, no reason. I pay a yearly fee for this service. This is not service. That is all.

hey lady! :wave:

Niko did an announcement about blogs (that are paid or have adverts) etc in siggys & big pics in siggys.

they've repeatedly told us no big pics in siggys. i don't think you had a big pic but if i remember, you had links to your fotki & blog.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/announcement.php?f=6

i'll look for the other thread too.

bottom line, if you have a link to a blog make sure that the blog has not adverts.

Nikos said that we can have a link to our personal blog if it does not contain advertising thereby driving revenue away from LHCF with each click. i've seen your blog, i don't recall it having adverts but i have not visited in months.

here are his quotes. some of the bold red, are mine to draw attention.

Clarification on the announcement:

Advertisements are not allowed anywhere in the forum (posts or signatures) unless authorized or unless you have a seller account. Examples:

Come join my AVON shop, I have found the Iwillbecomeamillionairebyjustbrowsingtheweb website, come join my personal blog, come join my new facebook like website.

The same applies to your signature. No ads whatsoever. If you need to share information with other members that exists in other websites you can do so by either copying and pasting the content here (preferred method) or providing a link to that site. You MUST know that the owner of the content allows you to post content here otherwise you might be infringing on copyright.

You also are not allowed to provide links to websites/blogs that are operated by others so as the other party can gain from our traffic. I understand that this is a really grey area and it is difficult to 'police' this. We do not want to stop the links to other sites. This will remove a lot of value from our members and the information source that our community has.

I leave this to your discretion as to what can be linked and what not. Two examples I can bring:

I post a link to CNN about a recent event that affects us all - this one is OK.
I post a link to a personal blog (mine or a friends) which has ads thereby driving traffic to that site from ours - this one is not allowed.

Again, links in the forum are a very grey area and I would appreciate it if you do not abuse it. So far there have been only a couple of instances that I had to ban people for advertising in posts. Recently an ex-member posted the same message in all forums - come join my social network.

Out of the members that have been banned, only one was reinstated since the script did not accurately assess her signature. The rest of them will join us in 7-10 days.

As we continue assessing signatures, if you have links to personal sites, pyramid schemes etc. please remove them. If your signature is big it will be deleted.

I hope this helps a bit more.

When in doubt: ASK!

I do not have my PMs enabled so if you want to ask something either do so in the Suggestions board or open a ticket in the support area.

We allowed Fotki (and Google's Picasa as well as one more picture based site) since we had fotki since the beginning of the forum. Now we are not going to go and check everyone's fotki link in their signature but bare in mind that whoever clicks on a fotki link we can record it. The more clicks one gets the more traffic they get. If that traffic is targeted to a site that does advertise then the person will be banned.

Simple enough?

Niko did an announcement about blogs (that are paid or have adverts) etc in siggys & big pics in siggys.

they've repeatedly told us no big pics in siggys. i don't think you had a big pic but if i remember, you had links to your fotki & blog.

bottom line, if you have a link to a blog make sure that the blog has not adverts.

Nikos said that we can have a link to our personal blog if it does not contain advertising thereby driving revenue away from LHCF with each click. i've seen your blog, i don't recall it having adverts but i have not visited in months.

You are allowed the following hyperlinks to your posts/signatures:
1. Links within the forum - i.e. check this topic
2. Links to your FOTKI album - ONLY FOTKI not a blog
3. Links to your Long Hair Care Forum powered blog

4. Tinkerfactory counters
5. Small pictures that do not hinder the navigation of members on dialup

No links to personal sites. No links to personal blogs. No links to YouTube blogs - No links in general other than the ones mentioned above.

I remember reading in that other thread that since it would be a bit difficult for them to check every single person's blog link to make sure that it didn't have advertising that there was a blanket rule of "no linking to personal sites/blogs" period put in place. HTH.

My signature was deleted too, i paid to be on here and i would at least appreciate an email to tell me that they deleted my siggy! Or atleast an email asking me to re-size it!:kick:

Although it's in the rules, I still feel as if they should have common courtesy to atleast give one warning before banning or deleting.

Everyone uses different equipment to log on here. Not every picture shows up the same on every labtop, desktop, pda, etc.

My signature was deleted too, i paid to be on here and i would at least appreciate an email to tell me that they deleted my siggy! Or atleast an email asking me to re-size it!:kick:

At 639 by 291 pixels, your signature picture takes up almost a third of the height of my 1280 by 768 screen resolution. You might want to consider resizing it.

Last edited:
But they did give a warning. It was in the announcement...

Huh :nono:, i totally agree. I guess as much as folks are on here...daily...i guess the long bold stip of red still doesn't get noticed...nor does the thread that nikos actually was chit chatting in about his announcement get's recognized until something he warns will happen.

Ummm yea sure they did NOW kandake but not when my stuff went down.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/announcement.php?f=41

Was your signature taken down prior to December 29, 2009? Many of the signatures that broke the rules outlined in this announcement actually were around until at the end of at least the first full week of January, which leads me to believe they gave people time to change their signatures.

Many people who had signatures that violated guidelines actually got banned, so I would count my blessings, personally.

Ummm yea sure they did NOW kandake but not when my stuff went down.

Well, if your siggy was taken down before the announcement went up, I understand your concern.

I just don't want people to have any displaced feelings. No sense getting upset with the owner/administrator simply because you failed to read the announcement. :ohwell:

Last edited:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/announcement.php?f=41

Was your signature taken down prior to December 29, 2009? Many of the signatures that broke the rules outlined in this announcement actually were around until at the end of at least the first full week of January, which leads me to believe they gave people time to change their signatures.

Many people who had signatures that violated guidelines actually got banned, so I would count my blessings, personally.

UMMM yes ma'm it sure was, it's not a big deal anymore, I am just agreeing with things that I agree with. Tis all.

Well, if your siggy was taken down before the announcement went up, I understand your concern.

I just don't want people to have any displaced feelings. No sense getting upset with the owner/administrator simply because you failed to read the announcement. :ohwell:

I didn't see the announcement. Sorry its that HARD for you to believe! I'm not on here day in and day out like some folks so of course they will notice it.

Even before the announcement was made, it was part of the rules. So the mods don't have to email anyone reminding them what the rules are since the rules are available at all time. The announcement was just a courtesy.

The yearly membership payment comes with the rules it's not like they have been changed with no warnings.

Thanks lady 4 clarifying this because I was heated about my blog link. Let me change my signature block now.

I didn't see the announcement. Sorry its that HARD for you to believe! I'm not on here day in and day out like some folks so of course they will notice it.

How many members on this forum? 30,000+ right? That announcement hasn't even been viewed 2000 times. It's really not hard to believe that some people haven't seen it so I don't know why some people are acting like it is.

How many members on this forum? 30,000+ right? That announcement hasn't even been viewed 2000 times. It's really not hard to believe that some people haven't seen it so I don't know why some people are acting like it is.

Where are these responses coming from? I never expressed that it was hard to believe. Its quite evident that people didn't see or read the announcement.

People seemed to be getting upset, saying there was no warning and what have you. My post simply stated that there was, in fact, a warning.

count your lucky stars. i got banned without having a clue-(i was one that didn't see the announcement). i just emailed them and asked wht happened and they were very polite and professional. no big- i just lurked on until my band was up. bet i'll pay attention next time, lol.:yep:

Youtube vids have ads...so we can't link to someone's youtube if we like it? Or would that fall under his CNN's example?

Youtube vids have ads...so we can't link to someone's youtube if we like it? Or would that fall under his CNN's example?

Did you mean in posts or in the signature? As long as it's not in your signature, I imagine it wouldn't be an issue. :)

Some people aren't on here every day is what some people are saying. Some like myself, can go months without logging on so we don't always see the announcements right away. I hadn't been on here in a while so I didn't know aobut the announcement till I just signed in now and noticed my signature was gone. I changed my siggy.

Back