My Senegalese Twist Are finished

SimpleKomplexity

I used Kanekalon hair. I don't like them in all honesty. But since my mom took all her time to do them (4 hours) I don't want to hurt her feelings so I'll keep them up for about 3 weeks. But I planned on keeping them for at least 2 months. They're too big. They look like dookie braids and I hate those. So to help someone else In the future I would:

1. Put gel on my real hair before braiding so no strays would come out
  2. Use parts that are really small. At least 8-10 braids per row and prolly 10 rows
  3. Make the twists longer
  4. Figure out how to make them not unravel at the ends because I had to burn the ends because dipping the hair in hot water did not make them stop unraveling
  5. Part in a brick like pattern instead of a tic tac toe pattern
  6. Only braid the hair one inch before twisting
  7. Learn how to make the curls more uniform when dipping in hot water.
On to the pics of the twists! :look:

DSC03108.jpg

DSC03109.jpg

DSC03110.jpg

DSC03111.jpg
http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a390/krazynkute/hair/DSC03108.jpg

They don't look bad to me. You can do some cute styles with them and maybe spend those weeks pampering and conditioning your hair while the twists are in.

They don't look bad to me. You can do some cute styles with them and maybe spend those weeks pampering and conditioning your hair while the twists are in.

Thanxxx (And putting this $100 I saved in the bank.) I wanna do this to them like Janet jackson did on the upper right hand side

Janet-Jackson-Poetic-Justice-273653.jpg

I remember that style i think it'll be cute SK..don't forget put as less stress on your hair as possible.

Thanxxx (And putting this $100 I saved in the bank.) I wanna do this to them like Janet jackson did on the upper right hand side

that janet looks is too cute :yep:
guurrrlll you better rock your nineties hair! i got dookie braids in now and people tellin me its cute and how i look like jada pinkette in set it off because they are big and shoulder length

I think they look nice. Just be creative and enjoy giving your hair a rest. They look really neat and not too tight.

Okay you just took me way back. I honestly wouldn't mind having my hair braided like this now but would you have to do them w/human hair to prevent them from being so heavy?

SimpleKomplexity, they're neat and look nice. I love that they don't have knots at the base, and while you hate that they are few, to "others" they look like your hair. If you were to braid or twist your hair w/o additional hair, if you're fine-haired like me, it'd look just like yours look. Just spend some time in front of the mirror playing around with them as if they were long loose hair and find ways to style them that makes you appreciate them. Coz Lady :bat: when you hair grows that long, I will not want to hear whining about how you don't know how to wear it.

Hey, how about WestNDNbeauty's "A New Twist on Twists" idea, so they can have body and look fuller? :poke:

SimpleKomplexity, they're neat and look nice. I love that they don't have knots at the base, and while you hate that they are few, to "others" they look like your hair. If you were to braid or twist your hair w/o additional hair, if you're fine-haired like me, it'd look just like yours look. Just spend some time in front of the mirror playing around with them as if they were long loose hair and find ways to style them that makes you appreciate them. Coz Lady :bat: when you hair grows that long, I will not want to hear whining about how you don't know how to wear it.

Hey, how about WestNDNbeauty's "A New Twist on Twists" idea, so they can have body and look fuller? :poke:

LMBO! Dang Nonie you know me better than I know myself!! Hahaha. I made a post about not knowing how to style APL hair, and I bet I'ma have an even worse problem once BSL comes around LOL. I haven't heard for the New Twists on Twists thread, I'm about to look for it now! Thanx!!

Sk, I think that they look good!!! Whatareyoutalk'in about?!! Enjoy them while you have them. At least you've got a PS that allows you to look cute while giving your hair a break!

they are not bad at all, focus on putting them in updo's and ponytails. Also for future "purposes" make the parts about the same "width" as the twist or braid you desire

Your braids looks good & plus the nineties is back cuz I have been noticing the janet jackson's braids from "Poetic Juistice" that some women are rocking & also the hip top fade w/ the brown highlights on some of the guys around here too. They will soon bring cross colours back maybe karl kani.:lachen::lachen:

I just got some installed this weekend and mines took 15 hours. I used regular braiding hair for them and used beeswax from Sally's (proclaim) There is a teaser picture on my blog and I plan to do video this week.

My sis in law did them I plan to keep them in for 2 months.

I just got some installed this weekend and mines took 15 hours. I used regular braiding hair for them and used beeswax from Sally's (proclaim) There is a teaser picture on my blog and I plan to do video this week.

My sis in law did them I plan to keep them in for 2 months.

Oooh yours are kuttttte! I like your hair blog too, I haven't seen it before!

I don't think they're that bad. Wearing them in an updo can help to hide the parts. :)

I took this advise. I put them in a big ball at the top of my head with some hair hanging down on the side. It's a looot kuter this way. My brother walked in yesterday and said he actually liked them now lol. (He and my Dad did NOT like them yesterday...I had to explain to my mom that men don't like braids. :lachen:) But after styling them and putting a headband on my bro was like, they actually look nice :rolleyes:

I'll try to take a clear picture today.

I took this advise. I put them in a big ball at the top of my head with some hair hanging down on the side. It's a looot kuter this way. My brother walked in yesterday and said he actually liked them now lol. (He and my Dad did NOT like them yesterday...I had to explain to my mom that men don't like braids. :lachen:) But after styling them and putting a headband on my bro was like, they actually look nice :rolleyes:

I'll try to take a clear picture today.

You can also add a flower in your loose bun as well :)

Back