My second attempt at flat twists

NewYorkgyrl

:hiya2: ladies I just wanted to post a pic of my flat twists. Don't laugh...I am not very good at it yet. :sad: But they say practice makes perfect so I plan to continue doing it for the rest of the summer so that I can get better. (I did the back in single twists so that I can get to my trouble areas better when I use the mega-tek) :look:

Any tips will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Oh yeah: I am 100% natural and this was done on very very lightly blow dried hair (No comb attachment on low warm heat) just to get some of the water out of my hair.

Summer2008202-vi.jpg

Last edited:
That's cute!!!! Nothing to laugh at there!!

I so wish I had the patience to do itty bitty flat twists like that! :lachen:

Are you kidding me? Don't laugh? I WISH I could do twists like that. You hair looks great!:yep: I don't see how you can be better than perfect.:grin:

:hiya2: ladies I just wanted to post a pic of my flat twists. Don't laugh...I am not very good at it yet. :sad: But they say practice makes perfect so I plan to continue doing it for the rest of the summer so that I can get better. (I did the back in single twists so that I can get to my trouble areas better when I use the mega-tek) :look:

Oh yeah: I am 100% natural and this was done on very very lightly blown dried hair (No comb attachment on low warm heat) just to get some of the water out of my hair.

Summer2008202-vi.jpg

Thanks!

The first time I did them it took me a while because I had to get myself coordinated. I went on youtube to learn how to do it properly and it really helped.
YOUTUBE IS THE BEST TEACHING TOOL! LOL

Last edited:

Oh yeah: I am 100% natural and this was done on very very lightly blow dried hair (No comb attachment on low warm heat) just to get some of the water out of my hair.

Summer2008202-vi.jpg

Girl please, those twists are smashing and your hair looks so healthy. I wish I could flat twist half as good as you.

Great job!!:yep:

u did a great job got me wanting to try to learn how to do them on myself...I can do my daughter's just fine...hmmmmm maybe i will try them

OMG girl, you r playing, those r wicked. They look like perfection (if there is such a thing), crtainly better than when i attempted them.

Congrats and keep it up.

P.S im so with you on the youtube tutorial, my hair is more exciting becuase of what i've learned from that site.

girl those twists look GREAT. how did u learn. i used to rock them every other week but since my cousin moved i have no one to do them. i figured i should give it a try.

ETA: i see where u posted the link

girl those twists look GREAT. how did u learn. i used to rock them every other week but since my cousin moved i have no one to do them. i figured i should give it a try.

Thanks so much! Yes every other time I ever had my hair done in twists, someone else did them. But I no longer have anyone to do them for me, rather on my time schedule. So it was time for me to learn how to do it.
I watched youtube videos. Here is a good one:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nTJcRs9xDtI (it's the same link as the one posted above)

Last edited:
Ahem, NYgirl, can you teach ME how to flat twist?:blush: Great job, and no one would laugh at the great job you did.

Back