My Sally's Experience

CoCoEspresso

Okay ladies...
I am planning on doing a touch up tonight so I had to make a quick run to Sally's BSS to gather a few necessary items. I like Sally's because it's convenient, reliable and they sell quality products. I try to frequent Sally's moreso than other BSS because I don't really trust their products.

Anywho, I entered the store and greeted the ladies in there. I walked down the aisle where one of the workers was arranging the shelf. She asked if I needed help, but I said no because I knew where everything was located. Plus, I'm one of those kinds of people who will ask someone for help as a very last resort. Well, I came to the Motions section and was looking for the neutralizing conditioner. I kept scanning the shelves, but to no avail; I couldn't find it. I thought to myself, "Maybe it's right in front of your face, but you aren't looking hard enough. I'll come back." So, I went and got the rest of my items and came back. As I neared the Motions section again, I passed another associate who asked if I needed help. I replied, "Yes, I am looking for the Motions Neutralizing Conditioner." At this point, she looked at mean as if I had grew horns :confused:and said, "Neutralizing conditioner? Don't you mean neutralizing shampoo." I said, "No, I mean conditioner. Motions has a neutralizing conditioner." "No, there is no such thing." "Yes, there is. I have heard several people (LHCF ladies) say that they have used it." "Are you sure that they used the correct terminology? A neutralizer stops the action of the relaxer." "Yes I know that. It's a neutralizing conditioner." " I have never heard of that before. I mean never." "Well, I have heard a lot of people say that they have used it." "We don't sell that here. Are you sure that its a conditioner." "Yes. I'll just look around somewhere else." Then, I proceeded to check out and leave.

Can you guys believe that? She was questioning me and trying to make look stupid. The whole time I was shocked. I just plastered a smile on my face and remained calm. I was polite because she was my elder,but the whole time I was thinking, "**** UP, **** UP, **** UP!!!!" :whip:It's enough that I encounter flack when I express a dissenting opinion at the hairdresser, (which is why I stopped going) but at Sally's when I'm just making an inquiry?

Now I am on a quest to find it. Does CVS sell it? I need it for tonight so I cannot order it. I appreciate any help.

i feel you. i hate when stuff like this happens. some salesfolks just don't realize that there is such a thing as an informed consumer. kindly point out to this rude person that her own company (sallybeauty.com) sells the conditioner on their website. just because she's never heard of it doesn't mean it doesn't exist: http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/1205/126853
i'd also let the manager know how rudely you were treated. hth

tkj25 said:
i feel you. i hate when stuff like this happens. some salesfolks just don't realize that there is such a thing as an informed consumer. kindly point out to this rude person that her own company (sallybeauty.com) sells the conditioner on their website. just because she's never heard of it doesn't mean it doesn't exist: http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/1205/126853
i'd also let the manager know how rudely you were treated. hth

Thanks. The problem is that this is the only Sally's that's close to me; they are few and far between. I think she was the manager though.:ohwell: Really, I'm not that offended, just a little annoyed. I'll have to leave work a little earlier and try another Sally's. If that doesn't work, then I'll try a BSS.

I think you guys were speaking about the same product- just describing it differently. The regular Motions (purple and yellow bottles) doesn't make a conditioner that is specifically called "neutralizing conditioner". However, their Motions Moisture Plus conditioner is designed to be used as a post-relaxer conditioner, i.e., you apply it right after rinsing out the relaxer and before applying the shampoo. I personally have never used the Motions Herbals line, so I had no idea that they'd created another product with that name. Maybe that's where the confusion came in. She was thinking of the original line only. Did that particular store carry the Herbal line?

CoCoEspresso said:
Okay ladies...
I am planning on doing a touch up tonight so I had to make a quick run to Sally's BSS to gather a few necessary items. I like Sally's because it's convenient, reliable and they sell quality products. I try to frequent Sally's moreso than other BSS because I don't really trust their products.

Anywho, I entered the store and greeted the ladies in there. I walked down the aisle where one of the workers was arranging the shelf. She asked if I needed help, but I said no because I knew where everything was located. Plus, I'm one of those kinds of people who will ask someone for help as a very last resort. Well, I came to the Motions section and was looking for the neutralizing conditioner. I kept scanning the shelves, but to no avail; I couldn't find it. I thought to myself, "Maybe it's right in front of your face, but you aren't looking hard enough. I'll come back." So, I went and got the rest of my items and came back. As I neared the Motions section again, I passed another associate who asked if I needed help. I replied, "Yes, I am looking for the Motions Neutralizing Conditioner." At this point, she looked at mean as if I had grew horns :confused:and said, "Neutralizing conditioner? Don't you mean neutralizing shampoo." I said, "No, I mean conditioner. Motions has a neutralizing conditioner." "No, there is no such thing." "Yes, there is. I have heard several people (LHCF ladies) say that they have used it." "Are you sure that they used the correct terminology? A neutralizer stops the action of the relaxer." "Yes I know that. It's a neutralizing conditioner." " I have never heard of that before. I mean never." "Well, I have heard a lot of people say that they have used it." "We don't sell that here. Are you sure that its a conditioner." "Yes. I'll just look around somewhere else." Then, I proceeded to check out and leave.

Can you guys believe that? She was questioning me and trying to make look stupid. The whole time I was shocked. I just plastered a smile on my face and remained calm. I was polite because she was my elder,but the whole time I was thinking, "**** UP, **** UP, **** UP!!!!" :whip:It's enough that I encounter flack when I express a dissenting opinion at the hairdresser, (which is why I stopped going) but at Sally's when I'm just making an inquiry?

Now I am on a quest to find it. Does CVS sell it? I need it for tonight so I cannot order it. I appreciate any help.

CoCoEspresso said:
I think she was the manager though.

:eek: that is really sad, and funny at the same time :lol: well at least you can call around to find it somewhere else. i love sally's and i've always found their salespeople really friendly and informed. (even if not too the level of the info on hairboards:) .. they're still really helpful. sorry this happened to you, but i'm sure you'll find it somewhere else. motions products seem to be pretty mainstream nowadays.

myco said:
I think you guys were speaking about the same product- just describing it differently. The regular Motions (purple and yellow bottles) doesn't make a conditioner that is specifically called "neutralizing conditioner". However, their Motions Moisture Plus conditioner is designed to be used as a post-relaxer conditioner, i.e., you apply it right after rinsing out the relaxer and before applying the shampoo. I personally have never used the Motions Herbals line, so I had no idea that they'd created another product with that name. Maybe that's where the confusion came in. She was thinking of the original line only. Did that particular store carry the Herbal line?
No, Motions does have a neutralizing conditioner (the way she reacted, she was basically saying that it does not exist) Motions Neutralizing Conditioner and yes, you're right it's carried under its Salon Herbals line. Yes, Sally's does sell the herbal line.

tkj25 said:
:eek: that is really sad, and funny at the same time :lol: well at least you can call around to find it somewhere else. i love sally's and i've always found their salespeople really friendly and informed. (even if not too the level of the info on hairboards:) .. they're still really helpful. sorry this happened to you, but i'm sure you'll find it somewhere else. motions products seem to be pretty mainstream nowadays.
Yeah, I do go there every once in a while and all of the associates are very nice and helpful (including her). That's why I'm surprised. She wasn't mean about it just unnecessarily... ahem.. vocal.

Back