My Results With Biotin

supermodelsonya

002-vi.jpg

Sorry the pics are so big but I haven't a clue how to resize them. These were my results with taking Biotin in November 08-December 08.
I took 1000 MCG daily with loads of water.

As you can see in this picture, my nails grew like crazy. :wallbash: I already had crazy long nails so this is one benefit that I didn't appreciate. Now I have to get fill-ins on the regular!

As a result of the biotin, I got about 1.25 inches of NG in just a little over a month.
005-vi.jpg

I have decided to lay off the Biotin and come back to it in February and take it in 8 week increments then lay off of it for 8 weeks. I believe that you get a good growth spurt from it and then the growth starts to slow down.

I take it too, and you are right about the growth aspect of it. I got my hair cornrowed on 12/24 and had to take them down yesterday because I had over an inch of growth. I blend them in my protein shakes in the mornings when I come home from the gym. But I was mixing three of them in my shakes. I was taking them for my skin and nails..forgot all about the hair....That is all I was really taking.... Keep up the good work and keep it consistent!

You make me wanna go buy it right now!!!!!!!
I'm telling you...this stuff is the truth. I would start with a low dosage. One day I got really greedy and did 4000 mcg.

I woke up playing connect the dots with my :look:.

I've heard taking Biotin with Vitamin C will stop the zits but I didn't try it.

Great growth. How much water do you drink? I decided to use up the rest of my Biotin but I only take it every other day.

Great growth. How much water do you drink? I decided to use up the rest of my Biotin but I only take it every other day.

Not as much as I should. LOL... I try to have at least four glasses of water a day. This is really hard for me because I love pop!!!! (and cranberry juice) Biotin has made a world of difference in my hair. It not only got longer but very THICK!

I wanna go buy me some biotin now!!! I took MSM for a few weeks last year and it made my skin glow!! I might try the biotin .... It causes breakouts for some though... I'm scuuurreeedd

Wow! I take 5000mcg per day (since September) but haven't seen anything dramatic... In 21 weeks I have only 1.5 inches of new growth. Do you use any other vitamins? Your new growth looks really healthy!

I'm telling you...this stuff is the truth. I would start with a low dosage. One day I got really greedy and did 4000 mcg.

i thought it was with a vitamin B complex?

i really don't need any acne (just getting over a really bad breakout) but my hair is growing nowhere! if i can temper the zits with a b-complex (the one i take now says it has a little bit of biotin in it) and lots of water (i drink 70 oz a day now) then i really need to try!

i thought it was with a vitamin B complex?

i really don't need any acne (just getting over a really bad breakout) but my hair is growing nowhere! if i can temper the zits with a b-complex (the one i take now says it has a little bit of biotin in it) and lots of water (i drink 70 oz a day now) then i really need to try!

Some of the ladies I know that take Biotin also use a B-complex to combat the zits. From what I've seen, both B-complex and vitamin C work pretty well. You must drink a lot of water.

Wow...

Making a list....I am taking a break from topical aids so this is important.

• Biotin
  • B complex
  • Vit C
Can I use all three of them + my one a day women's? With tons of water?

Wow...

Making a list....I am taking a break from topical aids so this is important.

• Biotin
  • B complex
  • Vit C
Can I use all three of them + my one a day women's? With tons of water?
the womens ultra mega Active multi vitamin from GNC has extra B vits, Bitoin, and vit C all in one. Its the same percentage you would find in a seprate B vit supplement but instead its all in one. I take that rather than swallowing 50 pills a day:nono: I prefer that over the womens one a day IMO.

Good to know. I had no clue that Biotin can cause breakouts. I just bought Biotin yesterday with a potency of 1000 mcg. I feel like I will be popping 5 pills a day now.:nono:

I love Biotin too but I got some really bad zits and scarring too. Then I added B-Complex and it DOES work. I didn't even drink more water. I just added the B-Complex that I bought at Target and my skin looks great now!

NICE GROWTH....and I loove the growth of your nail.....I think I'm going back to Biotin again, and try what you did, cuz my face was breaking out....what kind of biotion did you use.....and I want to grow my nails out....I think I'm going to get a full set, and apply my OCT mix everyday....and see what happens....again Great Growth!

You had really good growth with biotin. I go on and off of it as well. Everything in moderation as they say...

For those that asked, I brought some biotin from Walgreens. (supermodelsonya gets up and looks) Finest Natural from Walgreens. It was buy one get one free. I've sinced upped my intake to 3000 mcg with 1000 mg of Vitamin C to combat zits and to keep the flu away.

Thanks for Bumping this. Great progress, SMS! I started back on Biotin last week. I bought 5000mcg but I think it wreaked havoc on my kidneys. (I don't think I drank enough water) so I'm increasing my water intake. I used to take only 1000 mcg. I don't have any problems with acne, maybe the Vitamin C I take helps with that.

Was not aware that Biotin causes Acne!! the guy at the store said it would clear up my acne, so here i am taking it on the regular and getting more acne thinking that it will get worse before it gets better.. but it never gets better!! :( (putting a bag over my head!!!) :wallbash:

the womens ultra mega Active multi vitamin from GNC has extra B vits, Bitoin, and vit C all in one. Its the same percentage you would find in a seprate B vit supplement but instead its all in one. I take that rather than swallowing 50 pills a day:nono: I prefer that over the womens one a day IMO.

I'm going to look for this muti-vitamin.:yep:

For those that asked, I brought some biotin from Walgreens. (supermodelsonya gets up and looks) Finest Natural from Walgreens. It was buy one get one free. I've sinced upped my intake to 3000 mcg with 1000 mg of Vitamin C to combat zits and to keep the flu away.

I just bought two bottles of Finest Natural Biotin 5,000mcg and I'm taking 10,000 mcgs a day. I was taking Nature's Bounty 5,000mcg a day and saw nothing but some zits. I was taking a multi-vitamin and drinking 6 glasses of water a day and drinking 4 cups of tea so the acne wasn't that bad and my skin is very dewy looking. I worked out today and my skin was shinning in the sun.

supermodelsonya are you seeing any results lately? Updates? Why didn't I see anything with Nature's Bounty Biotin and all of a sudden 2 days on Finest Natural at 10,000mcg's my head is throbbing? Did your head throb when you took them. By the way Walgreens is having another vitamin sale. Ladies take advantage now.

Back