My relaxed hair hates wet combing!!!

Knedgers

Does anyone have this issue? I deep condition and cold rinse and apply leave in. But it just hates to be combed when wet it much rathers to be combed after it has air dried little. I have a few damage ends that i was trying to gradually trim but do you think those are the culprit should i should cut them?

What leave in are u using? And what kind of comb? Ive found a creamy leave in with slip works best for me versus a spray/watery one. I like giovanni direct, africas best hair mayo (the leave in one in a bottle), and lacio lacio. You may have to let it soak in for a couple of minutes and then gently detangle in sections with a shower comb...working from the bottom up. Also dont try to drag the comb all the way thru...just lightly pick the tangles out...u will lose a lot less hair that way.

I finally learned to properly detangle in Macherie's rollersetting dvd and I can tell a big difference now in the amount of hair I lose. I barely even lose any with the rat tail comb when Im rollersetting lately.

I don't usually comb my hair wet but the few times I have done I did it once the conditioner was in. It has to be a thick moisturizng one like Pantene Intense Moisture. The comb glided right through.

I have problems combing my wet hair too. The only thing that works for me is to saturate my hair with Vo5 condtioner, let it sit for a while, then detangle my hair under running water. I try not to comb my hair after I apply leave ins because I'll lose a lot of hair, unless my hair is a couple weeks post relaxer.

Leave in like Lacio Lacio, chi silk infusions, and Salerm 21 work really well for this. I think it's the silk in the products. Don't use to many different products at one time. 1 or two is fine. If your gonna use 2 use 1 cream and 1 serum. It is just enough.

Last edited:
I think I found my solution guys. Heat protectant!! I guess the SAA help but I put my leave in on and little pic of fantasia heat protectant and bam!! no tangles comb just went right on through I lost like three hairs

Back