MY PROGRESS INCHES ARE GONE!!!!!

Mandy4610

I finally got the guts to trim. I lost all my progress inches. I don't know if I should celebrate or cry. My hair seems to be happy. I combed it this morning and did not get a single strand on my comb, yesterday I had so much breakage which is why I thought of trimming. My ends looked horrible too. I thought...No point having unhealthy progress, might as well do it right and kind of start over. My thinning spot was bothering me anyway.....so I guess I am sort of happy. :perplexed:rolleyes::sad::yep::grin::look:. Sorry, I could not figure out how to resize the big picture.
DSC01406-1.jpg
DSC01490.jpg
DSC01491.jpg

It looks good! And it's great that you got that cut out of the way now, so you can just focus on growth. As your hair gets longer, you'll be glad that you did it, because it'll be nice and even and the ends will be healthy :yep:

Awww... that's okay though. Your hair looks very healthy and your length will be back before you know it! Keep up the good work!

I finally got the guts to trim. I lost all my progress inches. I don't know if I should celebrate or cry. My hair seems to be happy. I combed it this morning and did not get a single strand on my comb, yesterday I had so much breakage which is why I thought of trimming. My ends looked horrible too. I thought...No point having unhealthy progress, might as well do it right and kind of start over. My thinning spot was bothering me anyway.....so I guess I am sort of happy. :perplexed:rolleyes::sad::yep::grin::look:. Sorry, I could not figure out how to resize the big picture.
DSC01406-1.jpg
DSC01490.jpg
DSC01491.jpg

:superbanana: it looks great girl! now you have a nice fresh start. i remember having to get my hair cut similar to this, and its doing better now.

I feel the same way!!! I had to trim between 2-3 inches. My hair overall looks great, but i will wear protective styles until i get the length i want, but my hair grows pretty fast and i have mad ng already. Think positive!! Before you know it you will be shoulder length again.

Awwe don't be sad. I think your hair will grow so much faster and your hair will tell you that it's so healthy from that trim and thank you for it. :) Because it sure looks healthy to me right now! :)

DSC01406-1.jpg
DSC01490.jpg
DSC01491.jpg
You did it right. I didn't have the guts to tell you earlier because some people don't want to cut because they think it won't grow back but by cutting it now are allowing it to grow out all at once. I had wish I had done that when I started. Now your hair looks much healthier.. Good for you...

Your hair is probably much healthier than it was the last time it was that length. I call that progress. :yep: Congrats!

This is what I'm afraid to do. I have serious breakage and I was thinking that I could stop it but nothing has worked thus far. I don't want the damage to travel up the shaft that's for sure! Looks like I have my motivation to get a trimmy trim!

Thanks for posting your pics!

It will grow back in no time and will be much healthier and better looking in the process. You'll be glad you did. The pic in my avatar is right after my evening up trim in November. I just got a relaxer Wednesday, and its already more than halfway back...so it won't take long to see some progress.

Wow, Mandy! You're what I call a "take-charge-of-it" kinda woman! Your hair looks so healthy in that last pic. Funny thing about me is: I need to cut, and I don't wanna cut. So I joined the LHCF 2008 Bootcamp so I'd have something holding me back for a year!

This time next year, you're going to be beyond shoulder length, on your way to APL, and blinging like the dickens!!! :grin:

Your hair is probably much healthier than it was the last time it was that length. I call that progress. :yep: Congrats!

I totally agree!

Your hair is also thicker so your hair is definitely in a better state than before! Your hair looks great! Length isn't the only factor that dictates progress.

Well ur hair looks much healthier after the trim. Ur ends are looking wonderful now, like u said no need holding on to bad ends. Ull get those inches back and then some dont worry.

uh..maybe im the only one not seeing it but from the second pic i dont c what was wrong w. ur ends... they looked healthy to me.. idk, anyway it WILL grow back soon. just dont think about it and next thing u kno it'll be longer than it was b4

You did it right. I didn't have the guts to tell you earlier because some people don't want to cut because they think it won't grow back but by cutting it now are allowing it to grow out all at once. I had wish I had done that when I started. Now your hair looks much healthier.. Good for you...
Girl!!!!! You should have said something.....how you go let a sista walk around wit ends like that!!!!!!:lachen::lachen:. I didn't realize how bad it was until yesterday.Now I just have to figure out the best way to maintain healthy ends.:wallbash:

uh..maybe im the only one not seeing it but from the second pic i dont c what was wrong w. ur ends... they looked healthy to me.. idk, anyway it WILL grow back soon. just dont think about it and next thing u kno it'll be longer than it was b4
Girl, its the first pic that shows all the unhealthy ends. The second and third pics are after the cut. They call it the concave cut, my hair is significantly shorter in the back than the front.

Thank you ladies, I appreciate your encouragement, now y'all please help me figure out how to maintain healthy ends.
:blowkiss::grouphug2:

Back