My poor hair!!

sensi sweetie

Okay, well I am in Germany visiting family for the holidays. Needless to say it is cold here in western Europe. Earlier today we wen't to a town called Bamburg to do a little shopping and grab some lunch and it was almost -20 Celsius (-4 degrees Fahrenheit)

In efforts to protect my hair from the elements I used a coney serum before going out. Apparently that was not enough, because the cold literally FROZE the moisture inside my hair cuticle! I damn near pissed myself when I looked in a mirror because I looked like I had a head full of grays :lachen:

Anyways, the nerd in me thought it was kinda cool, but the vain woman in me freaked out. Eventually my hair "thawed" as the weather gradually warmed up to a comfortable -8 degree celcious :lol: but as you can imagine my hair was bone dry and my poor curls were so stretched out and sabotaged :nono:

Right now im all saran wrapped up in deep condish, but my real question is; what can I do to prevent this from happening again?? Anyone know? My hair is a bit past BSL so I couldn't tuck it all into my hat. I tried.

I have no advice but dang that's some cold arse weather...i couldnt even imagine esp since I'm a floridian

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Long Hair Care Forum App

Last edited:
Yea, I have no clue. Just wanted to pop in and tell you that you know how to tell
a story, lol

Bumping this up so you can get some real help ^^^

i vote vaseline..there are a lot of threads on using Vaseline. It locks moisture in VERY well. I tried it last night on a wet braid out, rolled the ends and sat under the dryer for 45 minutes. i went to bed and woke up and my ends were STILL a bit damp, but felt protected. If it can work for your lips, i do not see why not hair.

HTH! :)

You may want to cover your hair with a thick (silk lined) hat. You know those furry hats you see on Russian folks in the movies? Yeah those. They look like they would keep your hair nice and warm AND protected.

Awwwwww! Poor thing, I'm so sorry for you!! I also think you should hide your tresses under a hat/scarf when your outside or even a wig if you have it. Good luck and stay warm!!

You may want to cover your hair with a thick (silk lined) hat. You know those furry hats you see on Russian folks in the movies? Yeah those. They look like they would keep your hair nice and warm AND protected.

LOL! I like this idea.
Fancy Russian hat lady can be my European alter ego :yep:

OP, just keep your head covered. I'll be back with solutions.

ETA:
If you bun your hair, you can wear a shawl/scarf like this:
il_fullxfull.14304082.jpg

A cowl/neck scarf would also work:
infinity-cowl-scarf-infinity-scarf-neckwarmer-factory-offer-directly-moq-1pcs.jpg

Then there's always scarves you can wear like Muslim women do:
20100427%20Tudung%20Syria%20Lycra%20size%20L%20%285%29.JPG

1282696942298_hz-cnmyalibaba-web3_6852.jpg

And you can spice it up with a hat:
hijabhatjf7.jpg

Last edited:
Awwwwww! Poor thing, I'm so sorry for you!! I also think you should hide your tresses under a hat/scarf when your outside or even a wig if you have it. Good luck and stay warm!!

^^ IA.

I've been wearing hats or head wraps (pashima scarves) for at least 2-3 weeks now - whenever the cold spell began.

I agree with the others. I would plait it up, put on a silk/satin scarf and then a cute chunky beret or infinity scarf.

Right now im all saran wrapped up in deep condish, but my real question is; what can I do to prevent this from happening again?? Anyone know? My hair is a bit past BSL so I couldn't tuck it all into my hat. I tried.
Wear a hat and a scarf to cover ur hair..or braid it up and put it in a wig or under the hat..

Back