My pony tail is 15 inches. Wow

frida1980

I bun a lot. I will admit this. After pressing out for another trim I noticed my pony tail was longer than my fore arm. I knew I was MBL but it's always in a bun and often natural so I never really saw it. Guess I need to actually look at my hair.

4714dd39-d7fc-084b.jpg

Edit: picture added

I learned my lesson. No post without pics.

Edit 2:

I'm not sure exactly why my hair is thicker, but this is my regimen.

Alternating styles: Two Strand Twist, Natural Bunning, Blow out with light press on roots, and full press. I use heat on my hair about once a month.

Wash:
Dry finger detangle
Prepoo with Aussie Moist conditioner, wet detangle wide tooth comb
Sulfate Free shampoo,
condition with Aussie Moist, detangle with afro comb under running water.
First DC, Hair Gear conditioner under dryer for 30 minutes
2nd DC, Mix of natural ingredients: Avocado, sour cream, garlic clove, molasses, and EVOO, under dryer for 30 minutes
Rinse with water with 1 tsp of ACV

I dust every month. I'm trimming an inch every two months to get rid of some heat damage. Protein treatments every 6 weeks.

Last edited:
Perhaps maybe if you put this in the random thread, not many people would have noticed and you coulda gotten away with not posting pics lol.

Alright, I took a nap:sleep:
Took a bath :bath:
Checked my emails and facebook:boredwrk:
Talked trash with my DH:blah:
...........and now I'm back, and still no pichas!!!!!:bat:

Pretty pony op. Nice and thick.

These dayum phone apps-can't thank, can't readily see notifications, can't see animated gifs, can't see siggies and often can't see avatars.

Beautiful ponytail! Now that I'm natural, I'm still waiting for my hair to get long enough so I can put it all up. You are def an inspiration :).

I honestly don't know why I didn't think to post a picture immediately. When I saw all these um... request, I had to swap my black shirt for my GF Boston Red sox t-shirt and I'm a Yankee fan. sigh.....

It's thicker and I want it to get even thicker so I'm going to trim it an inch every 8 weeks. After a while I grow it the final 1 and 1/2 to get to waist length. Not that anyone will notice. My own brother said that he didn't notice that my hair was so long because I always bun. :nono:

Great progress OP!!! What do you think helped to thicken your hair?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using SAMSUNG-SGH-I897

Back