How long is your pony tail?

I am WL and can have an APL ponytail if my hair is somewhat straightened or blow dried:

I straightened it enough to get a bsl+ pony here:

IMG_1146_2-1.jpg

mwedzi....how did you get that barrette to do that pony? My hair is not even APL, its relaxed and I cant get a clip like that to do a ponytail with! What's the secret?

@mwedzi....how did you get that barrette to do that pony? My hair is not even APL, its relaxed and I cant get a clip like that to do a ponytail with! What's the secret?

For my hair, it's in the quality of the barrette. First, it's a wide barrette. So you're seeing it from the back, the hair is kind of fanned out in a thin fan. This is a picture from the side:

IMG_1144-2.jpg

Second, this is a good quality barrette made for thick hair:
http://www.franceluxe.com/c/ForThickHair/ForThickHair.html

It can hold my ponytail of straightened hair and can even hold wet shrunken twists, though it's generally not possible once the twists have dried.

For my hair, it's in the quality of the barrette. First, it's a wide barrette. So you're seeing it from the back, the hair is kind of fanned out in a thin fan. This is a picture from the side:

IMG_1144-2.jpg

Second, this is a good quality barrette made for thick hair:
http://www.franceluxe.com/c/ForThickHair/ForThickHair.html

It can hold my ponytail of straightened hair and can even hold wet shrunken twists, though it's generally not possible once the twists have dried.

:thud:

flatlined.jpeg

I love all of the fabulous ponies in here!

Great thread! I'll be back once it heats up outside. I live in ponies in the summer! :)

Sent from my Comet using LHCF

A shoulder length ponytail would suffice. I'm more like a Flo Jo, even when I ran track in college it was always free flowing or half up, never-ever in a ponytail. But yeah, long, thick shoulder length looks good ...

my straightened high pony is just barely scratching apl. my hair is about an inch shy of bsl. when i wear it low it def hits past apl, but i don't have a pic of it.

Attachments

• side pony.jpg
    side pony.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 212
Here are my pretty ponies- air dried(white) and 7 wks. post. Everyone has posted fantastic ponies! It shows how we have all picked up helpful info. on this board

Last edited:
Back