My Phyto Review (LONG)

vickiepickles said:
One thing, though, when I went up to the desk to pay. . . . It was $175QUOTE]

Despite the price, I'm seriously considering a salon application the 1st time. If I screwed it up at home, I wouldn't know whether it was the product or my application that was at fault.

I called the phyto number, and there are no retailers in Boston. There are 2 salons where it's applied, though.

Thank you, Webby :) ! Megon, I have never self-relaxed, so I wasn't EVEN about to consider it this time. I think going to a salon can be a good idea if you have any doubts. That said, if anyplace is charging you anything close to what Vickie paid, how about ordering it from online and taking it to the salon of your choice? If you pay $60 for it, and take it somewhere where they charge $60, you still come out much better. Just another option :).

I know a salon in the MD area charges $200+ to apply the phytorelaxer. I think it really depends on the type of salon you go to. Meaning one of those salons considered upscale will definitely charge you those upscale prices. :yep:

Congrats Dreems!!!! You hair looks amazing!!!! And on a side note.... your avatar is very deceiving :mad: ! Here I am thinking... Dreems and I are at about the same length and your *** is almost @ brastrap!!!! Change that AVATAR and quit misrepresentin'!!! :lol:

Note to Self: Find that freakin' bottle of Surge and get BUSY!!!!! :look:

dreemssold said:
Fellow Arian (hmmm, that's a little too close Aryan, isn't it :look: ), that lack of burning was freaky. It was like working out and not getting tired...some heavenly otherworldly experience :grin:. Feeling like two weeks at almost 7 :confused: ...oh yeah....BRING IT ON!!! Hugs right back, dearie :)!

U r so silly!!! I LOVE it!:lol:

yup, I feel fully okay that I should make it 9-10 more weeks without a big problem. I don't feel I could've said that last year. I also think the fact...that I didn't self-relax and had it applied...has made a world of difference in my world.

Welcome, to a whole new world!

*Dances through the field of sunflowers...*

:shocked: @ KAddy...oh hellllssss no! That's madness. Thanks Carlie and Sengs :kiss:!! Sengs...I'm always down for a Surge Challenge :D ..but I definitely still have a bit of a ways to go before I hit the strap.

Wait up, Mo!
*doing the cabbage patch through the sunflowers*

I am glad that someone has mentioned they used a stylist to apply phyto. I am planning to buy it because I know a stylist that does a good job at applying relaxers but she doesnt use phyto and I would love to try it out but I am too chicken to self relax. I am comtemplating trying it because of the reviews and because I want the best for my hair I want to use the best products. I am glad the process doesnt seem too complicated for the stylist to comprehend and seeing as they get paid whether they use their own or yours is a win-win situation for all. God bless you all.

Your hair looks amazing, Dreems. Beyond gorgeous. :love: If I ever return to relaxing, I'll have to use Phyto. I might have to start surging twice a day instead of just once.

Ummm...Azul and Tai....*cough*

you guys have read the apology/disclaimer in the "I'm sorry Phyto Pusha..."thread right?

Please make sure you read before moving forward with this decision. Thank you.

Sorry Dreems...I just hijacked ...I know....but it had to be done...;)

:lol: @ Mo...it's cool, girlie. Thanks, Tai :D ! Azul, she barely glanced at the instructions, so I'd say that any stylist used to doing relaxers will be able to look at the kit and know just what to do...hth :).

dreemssold said:
:lol: @ Mo...it's cool, girlie. Thanks, Tai :D ! Azul, she barely glanced at the instructions, so I'd say that any stylist used to doing relaxers will be able to look at the kit and know just what to do...hth :).

Thank you for understanding my duty.

And although I shouldn't be saying this...taking a box of Phytorelaxer to the stylist is the same thing as taking a box of Vitale, Creme of Nature, Revlon, Just for Me, etc. to the stylist. It's not a complicated relaxer.

*flies out of thread...onto the next Phyto related inquiry...*

MonaLisa said:
Ummm...Azul and Tai....*cough*

you guys have read the apology/disclaimer in the "I'm sorry Phyto Pusha..."thread right?

Please make sure you read before moving forward with this decision. Thank you.

Sorry Dreems...I just hijacked ...I know....but it had to be done...;)

I'm so glad its easy for the stylist to apply. I really dont want to find a stylist who uses this because I may have to pay for the brand and it may not be a good stylist to begin with. I went to this stylist before who was recommended to me and it was the first time in a long time the stylist actually asked me what type of relaxer I wanted and whether I wanted to do a deep conditioner and didnt cut or trim or bring any scissors near my head. It was just a simple touchup which I appreciated. I want to try phyto because from what some of the ladies have described it has the qualities I like and may be able to do the trick for me. God bless you all.

aqualung said:
vickiepickles said:
One thing, though, when I went up to the desk to pay. . . . It was $175QUOTE]

Despite the price, I'm seriously considering a salon application the 1st time. If I screwed it up at home, I wouldn't know whether it was the product or my application that was at fault.

I called the phyto number, and there are no retailers in Boston. There are 2 salons where it's applied, though.

Which salons are those?

Back