My Photo Album!!! Texturized 4a/3b

You and your hair are very pretty.
smile.gif
I especially like the gorgeous braidout/updo pics. Do you mind sharing how you did the braidout?

Thanks Ladies!!! I was nervous about posting them, so thanks.
look.gif
cool.gif

Renee: I actually don't do much, but I use great products. I can't cornrow so I just make about 15 plaits (sp?). I leave the last 3/4" inch of my hair unbraided and coated in mango butter or nexxus humectress, then roll on a perm rod. I'm obsessive about my ends these days so I use papers and put butter, oil or conditioner on the paper too.
blush.gif
That's it. I don't use setting lotion or anything of that sort b/c I don't like hard hair. I want it soft and touchable. The last thing I do is make sure my fingers are covered in coconut butter when I unbraid b/c it kills frizz (I learned that here too!) and it works like a charm. Each day I moisturize at least twice w/the emulsion I mentioned earlier. I also add a dallop of Humectress to my ends twice a day.

Re: My Photo Album!!! Texturized 4a/3b

Sengschick, thanks for the instructions. I'm going to give it a try sometime soon.
smile.gif

Cousin, I love your hair! I forgot how nice and thick it was. I want that bun! Can you come over help me please????

help.gif

Thank again. I loved those beehives too,
smile.gif
I add big flowers, little clips, all sorts of stuff to make them even more grand. And they are super simple! People always thought I had waist-length hair.
laugh.gif

LorraineG: You got it honey, anytime!!! Well as soon as I can get to VA
look.gif

I can't see the pics - probably jsut too much traffic right now -but where did you get the coconut butter? I've never heard of that before...

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
I can't see the pics - probably jsut too much traffic right now -but where did you get the coconut butter? I've never heard of that before...

[/ QUOTE ]

Try again, Tracy. I know Yahoo went down for a second.
I meant to say coconut oil, not butter. I buy it @ the health food store.

I am going to have to keep trying, also, becaus I can't see them either. Sengschick, how often do you wash and redo your braidouts? And who did your texturizer - you or your stylist? I can't wait to see the pics!

I can't wait to see your pics also Sengschick (website traffic still)!

Beautiful hair. Looks soft and wavy smooth.....like my hair. Thats what made me like your hair pics even more. Texture looks like mine. Cant wait tto try that wash and go, even though all my permed ends aint fully gone hope it still will work. lol

I finally got to see your pics - very beautiful braidouts! I love your "Superman Curl"!

[ QUOTE ]
cdfrank said:
I am going to have to keep trying, also, becaus I can't see them either. Sengschick, how often do you wash and redo your braidouts? And who did your texturizer - you or your stylist? I can't wait to see the pics!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank You so much Ladies!!! The compliments mean alot coming from this very special group!

Good Lookin' out LorraineG on the link! I saw your bangin' highlights!!!
shocked.gif
Super cute!
smile.gif

CDF: I hope you get to see the pics. I had my texturizer professionally done, though it was still underprocessed. I'm so used to dealing w/natural hair that it's no biggie for me. I'll have it corrected when it's retouched. I CW my hair 2-3 times per week. It depends on how much time I have or how sweaty my hair is from working out. I've cut shampooing to once every other week or I "spot 'poo" if I feel product build-up in an area. I always wear my hair up, so my braid-outs could probably last a week, but I love washing my hair, so three days is my typical max.

Back