My PERSONAL ~*Nape Challenge*~ need some Help!

Missi

While I am growing my hair out to BSL: i'm going through ups and downs just like everybody else: but I realized when I baggy or bun my hair: my nape area isn't long enough to reach my ponytail:.......so I searched for a NAPE challenge and I couldn't find anything......so I made my own personal one: here it..

• I brush/comb my nape area w/ a soft ($0.50) tooth brush
  • I over over-moisturize it before I go to bed
  • ---if I wear a bun: i'll cover it w/ end papers and roller it upward w/ soft rollers
  • ---if I wear my hair down/crosswrap, I do the same but roll downwards
If there is anything I can do different, take out, or add in...plz post it: my nap is 1-1 1/2 inches long: my goal is 2 1/2-3 inches

One thing that has helped me in bring up my lacking areas, like my crown and my edges was to rub some stimulating oil on those areas at night the day before you wash. I find that doing that helps soften the areas up and leaves your hair softer when washing. It also helps stimulate growth. Make sure to use extra conditioner on those parts, make sure they are completely saturated.

sounds like a wonderful plan except i wouldn't over, over moisturize it. That's definitely a no-no!:nono: I would even join you but i'm kinda "all challenged out" at the moment. Good luck and happy hair growing.

gymfreak336 said:
One thing that has helped me in bring up my lacking areas, like my crown and my edges was to rub some stimulating oil on those areas at night the day before you wash. I find that doing that helps soften the areas up and leaves your hair softer when washing. It also helps stimulate growth. Make sure to use extra conditioner on those parts, make sure they are completely saturated.

thanks: i'm adding those to my Nape List. lord knows I need all the help I can get

wheezy807 said:
sounds like a wonderful plan except i wouldn't over, over moisturize it. That's definitely a no-no!:nono: I would even join you but i'm kinda "all challenged out" at the moment. Good luck and happy hair growing.

thank you & thanks for the great advice:)

I am also nape challenged. the rest of my hair is somewhere around APL
but my nape only comes to just a little past the top of my collar.
Boooooo -Hisssss:mad::wallbash::evil:

Well I vote for over-moisturizing because my nape tends to be super dry and really needs the extra moisture. Without being saturated it will become dry and start breaking. Also I would recommend braiding it and combing it as little as possible and keeping it really moisturized. Some ladies cornrow their nape sideways ----- when they wear their hair down if their hair is long enough to cover it up. Good luck.

hopeful said:
Well I vote for over-moisturizing because my nape tends to be super dry and really needs the extra moisture. Without being saturated it will become dry and start breaking. Also I would recommend braiding it and combing it as little as possible and keeping it really moisturized. Some ladies cornrow their nape sideways ----- when they wear their hair down if their hair is long enough to cover it up. Good luck.

i'll have to try that: i hope my hair can hold: thank you

There was a lady on this board I think it was candice_C who made incredible progress with her nape, I think one of the things she did was relax that area last and only for every other relaxer. This is what I'm doing for my nape area.

My nape used to be terrible what made the biggest differance for me was not perming it for 5 months then only perming every other time 24 wks. HTH

WillyGWifey said:
i'll have to try that: i hope my hair can hold: thank you

You're welcome. If you try a few of the suggestions the ladies here have suggested you will see a difference! Relaxing a lot less often is definitely a good idea too:yep:.

I say drop the brush. Keep the moisture, and relax is last

I think the brushing will add uneeded manipulation to those already weakened strands. Doesn't sound worth it to me.

My nape broke off, all the way down to the scalp! Talk about beedeebee's! I started using S-curl and castor oil (Black Castor Oil/Regular Castor Oil), every night. I'd spray S-curl and seal it w/ the castor oil. In about two months, I had well over 2 inches of hair back there! I can now bun and French roll with confidence. I wish the gray would go away but, that's another matter.

Incidentally, even though the majority of my nape is gray, my hair is still soft and moisturized.

Back