My own Lace Front Review and why I will NEVER try it AGAIN *VENT*

Teja

****LONG-ISH****

Hi ladies,

So I am always trying to find new protective styles....Installs have helped me with my hair growth greatly but I have been wondering for a while about a Lace Front wig...So I bought one online for 399 dollars:nono: yeah I know I am dumb ....but I really thought this would be an invesment and I could use it for a very long time, I ordered a 100% indian remy curly unit which I must say has a great feel to it and all BUT................
When I then tried to Install the thing I realized that my head was too big, matter of fact my hair was too thick (thanks to LHCF:yep:) and I could not get it to fit comfortably.
When I then tried to Stick the hairline on with tape, I literally waxed a piece of my hairline clean when I took it off:wallbash: JUST WOW...that was it for me...I will deffinitly stick to my weaves cuz when I braid it up thats it no more manipulation ...thinking of having to re-install the unit everytime with chances of waxing your hairline hell NO...I mean there is a reason why so many black female celebrities lack a hairline..
I will admit that I am also a newbie at this but did my research for a good year...It might work for some but not for me..:ohwell: I will stick to my weaves and will just have to live with the cons that you can feel the lumps, can't wear it in a high ponytail and have to worry about blending...
Just thought I would share my experience...

Love yall

hmm... I was afraid that would happen to me so I tried a cheap no glue needed lacefront. If I ever wanted to try the one with glue, I'd get it professionally done. But I wouldn't pay that much so I guess I won't be getting a lacefront. I see salespeople putting on lacefronts for buyers at the beauty supply stores. I cringed because they are careless and put a whole lot of glue.

I thought about getting a lace front at one point...that was until I learned about the tape/glue & hair line thing. I quickly let that thought go after I did some research. I'll just stick with my good ole' half-wigs.

I'm sorry the lace front did not work out for you...I have a lace front ...synthetic but I don't use glues or tapes...I think it looks more natural that way.----Have you tried braiding down your own hair and just securing the wig with clips and pins?

I'm sorry that happened to you. Thats why I am scared to get a lacefront. I'm afrais that glue will rip out my hairline. But I have heard some people say that they apply theirs without the glue.

Beyonce and Tyra wear lacefronts and their hairline still looks healthy.I wonder if they wear them without the glue.

Beyonce probably getting hers done right. Aint' no way with all that shaking and jiving that mug ain't glued or taped down. Tyra...no comment on the baby hair lace front queen. her wigs are atrocious BTW.

OP-If I got a lacefront it would be the no glue kind. I'd go cheap first, to test out, just like I did when I made my wig. Then when I'm ready I'd step it up.

Turn it into a half wig. That's what I did after I spent way too much money and learned the hard way about the glue thing. Cut about an inch or two off of the edges of the piece (front and side edges only OR all the way around if you prefer) and then sew in a few clips and slap on a headband and viola! btw, the clips can be damaging if you have thin or delicate hair so I hear some people just secure with pins.

Back