My new lace front....I think Im in love....

Thanks everyone. I flat ironed it and it looks EVEN BETTER!! That along with the baby powder and it doesnt look wiggy at all. I hope Im not addicted lol!

I purchased my adhesives from another seller. It was a $40 kit with trial sizes of 2 types of tape, 4 adhesives, knot sealer, lace release, wig cap and brush. It was worth it cause I didnt know which combo of adhesives or tapes to use since there are so many out there. I used tape at the temples since that is the area that receives the most tension.

I learned everything at the lace front forum at Black Hair Media.

very pretty...how is your hair under the wig? or should I read past the first page of the thread to find out? :look:

That looks so nice!! I love lace fronts, they will always be my protective style of choice... Since I'm natural, I don't have to worry about straightening or styling my hair unless I want to so its free to grow happy and healthy.

ETA: I am wearing a CVR - Chinese Virgin Remy which is the easiest hair to care for but it is bit shinny. The next unit I order is going to be a chinese light yaky they get the shine off some how but the hair is still very manageable.

I love it too. I think it looks really pretty on you. I would love to try one for myself, but I am petrified of ruining my edges. How do you protect your edges from the glue or adhesive?

very pretty...how is your hair under the wig? or should I read past the first page of the thread to find out? :look:

I had my hair in 8 braids under the wig but it was a little lumpy :perplexed. I then flat twisted it back into 2 twists but its still a little lumpy. Ultimately I think Im going to need my hair cornrowed.

AtlantaJJ
I think Im going to get a light yaki for my next unit. I dont think it looks real because of the shine...just like a really good weave!

SelfStyled and ajacks
I tried Invisibond because its what you call a "soft" adhesive. It only lasted about a day on me though so Im either going to try tape or Vapon No Tape next. I used the scalp protector and made the cap cover all of my edges. I make sure the glue is far away from my edges but I may have to get a little closer cause I had that Herman the monster look!

Actually today Im not wearing it with any adhesives an the only problem I find with that is the wig will sli back sometimes. Im going to get some bobby pins and strategically place them. I have the big roller pins now and the only place I can put them without them sticking out are at my temple. I also have a rhinestone pin pinning back the bang and its working double time also keeping the wig from slipping. Ill take pics later!

That looks awesome girl! You did a good job with the install. Was bleaching the knots difficult?

ETA: Thanks for sharing the seller...I contacted her with a few questions and she sent an immediate response. I may purchase one from her too. I want an alternative to bunning for the winter. Did you get the adhesive from her also?

Theres a Youtube video that shows you how to bleach the knots. I think the reason why I overbleached was become I sprayed on the knot sealer then a few days later decided to bleach the knots :wallbash:. The knot sealer put a coating on the knots and I had to process it a lot to get the color to lift.

Ok ladies this is how I wore my hair today and you don't have to use adhesives. I used bobby pins at the temples which you cant really see in the pic and the bobby pin in front to keep the wig from slipping. I couldve put more in under the bang but I only had roller pins and not actual bobby pins. Im going to wear it without the adhesive for a while.

(My hair was flat ironed but I took this pic at the end of the day!)

DSCF1076.jpg

DSCF1075.jpg

DSCF1070-1.jpg

Girl you have me itching all over again for a lace front. I'm getting one for myself as a Christmas gift for real. It looks amazing on you! Love it!

Back